Home · Register · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username  

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2012 · 40D vs 1D...40D costs more..

anthonygh
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · 40D vs 1D...40D costs more..

As the title says....on eBay recently, the 40D goes for more than the 1D...quite a lot more sometimes.

Does this make sense...??

Jan 25, 2012 at 10:02 PM
Ben Horne
• • • • • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · 40D vs 1D...40D costs more..

Though the 1D is certainly a capable camera, it's pretty much a 1Dinosaur these days. I use to own one, and it was a great camera, but things have certainly changed and there are many things the 40D can do that the 1D simply cannot because of the difference in resolution. Again, I'm not bashing the 1D at all -- I use to own one and I paid about 5k for it, but it is getting a bit antiquated.

Jan 25, 2012 at 10:07 PM
jcolwell
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · 40D vs 1D...40D costs more..

The 40D is a sweet camera. I dropped a 40D bomb on the first page of a current 7D vs 1DIV thread. It looks like the shock waves have finally died out.

7D vs. MKIV wildlife comparison https://www.fredmiranda.com/forum/topic/1078473

Don't tell 'em I sent you.

P.S. The 40D and 1DIV have the same sensor density. Conicidence? I'm just saying...

Jan 26, 2012 at 07:10 AM
Betacamman
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · 40D vs 1D...40D costs more..

Heck, I got my used 1DMk2n for only about $150 more than some used 40Ds end up selling for.

I did love the 40D, though. Eventually, I'll have one as my backup-backup again.

Jan 26, 2012 at 07:31 AM
Lance Lee
• • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · 40D vs 1D...40D costs more..

There is a certain place where an old camera is no longer functional, and for everyone it is a different place. For me, the 1D2 and 20D were the turning point. I think there is a bigger difference between the 10D and 20D, than between 20D and the 50D.

I love my 1D2, even with the small screen, lack of joystick, not having the RAW/JPG split for backup, etc. The 1D, however, is just too old to be practical. The 40D is a fine camera, I used one for about two years.

If you can fine a 1D2 get it, if not then get the 40D. I take it back, save for a few more months and get the 1D2 anyway!

Jan 26, 2012 at 02:10 PM
jason.alabama
• •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · 40D vs 1D...40D costs more..

I had the 40D, and sold it when I bought a 1D and 1Ds. I would say the 40D and 1D are almost equivalent for me personally. The 40D was a great all-around camera. The 1D has stronger positives (build, focus, shutter) balanced out by its stronger negatives (buffer, battery, screen, menu, sensor). However, if I didn't have the 1Ds, then I would personally rather have the 40D.

Jan 26, 2012 at 03:28 PM

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.