Home · Register · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username  

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Post-processing & Printing | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2012 · Epson Certified Technician?

jared_irl
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Epson Certified Technician?

Hey guys. Is there such a thing as an Epson certified printer technician? Does anyone know what the certifications are called, or where you can obtain them?

I work at at a photography college, and we had a guy who came out to repair and service our Epson Inkjet printers. He's pretty flaky and unreliable.

I am considering looking into the process for getting certified for this, to see if it is feasible for our IT department to bring this in house.

Any advice you have would be appreciated!

Jan 25, 2012 at 05:55 PM
hondageek
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Epson Certified Technician?

Yes there is. They make house calls to cover warranty, and non-warranty, service on large format Epson printers. I imagine Epson has contracts with local independent service people around the country. Unless your college has a large number of very problematic printers, I doubt going through the certification process would be cost effective.

I have had a few issues with 4000 series Epsons that I've owned and have fixed all of them myself. You'd be amazed by how much info there is online.

Jan 26, 2012 at 10:47 AM
rdcny
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Epson Certified Technician?

If you want a funny, yet sad, tale of an Epson Repair Technician, read this thread over at LL:

http://www.luminous-landscape.com/forum/index.php?topic=57275.0

It seems that in certain parts of the USA, a highly trained person who knows the Epson line well would do quite well for himself/herself!

Jan 26, 2012 at 04:29 PM

FM Forums | Post-processing & Printing | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.