Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Post-processing & Printing | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2012 · Old Inks

EB-1
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Old Inks

I am getting back to printing after almost a year of abstinence. After removing and hosing off the cover, the 3880 seems to be fine and there are no streaks after only one cleaning cycle. However, I have some concerns if the ink colors change significantly over time. I can live with slight changes rather than wasting $300+ of inks. What are your experiences?

EBH

Jan 25, 2012 at 12:27 PM
kdphotography
• • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Old Inks

Don't worry about it at all.

Remove the cartridges, shake gently for ten seconds. Reinstall.

Nozzle check/clean as needed-----and go!

Jan 25, 2012 at 02:23 PM
jdrenda
• •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Old Inks

^ shake the ink cartridges and you should be fine when I remove them to shake I also turn them upside down for awhile no problems, I have the 3800 though seems to work great. john

Jan 25, 2012 at 02:38 PM
kdphotography
• • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Old Inks

...it's probably a good idea to remove and gently agitate ink cartridges on any pigmented ink printer every few weeks or so. Not so much if you're printing very regularly...

Jan 25, 2012 at 04:23 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

Alan321
• • • • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Old Inks

Do you have a colormunki or whatever to profile your printer ? If so then any colour changes can be factored into a new profile, which can be updated as and when you change old ink cartridges for new ones.

- Alan

Jan 25, 2012 at 04:35 PM
Alan321
• • • • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Old Inks

kdphotography wrote:
...it's probably a good idea to remove and gently agitate ink cartridges on any pigmented ink printer every few weeks or so. Not so much if you're printing very regularly...

Some printers can do this agitation automatically if the printer is left on standby instead of being completely disconnected from power. Not sure about the 3880.

- Alan

Jan 25, 2012 at 04:38 PM
iweiner

p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · Old Inks

Don't bother to remove the carts and shake them up--no need to generate air bubbles or place addition wear on the ink ports.
Place a wide belt or strap directly under the front of the printer, now holding the belt upwards with both hands, lift the printer up/down 3-5 in for several times. This will induce rolling 'waves' inside the cart, more than satisfactorily agitating your inks!! Conveniently repeat this action whenever--the belt will always be there.

irv weiner

Jan 25, 2012 at 10:34 PM

FM Forums | Post-processing & Printing | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Reset password