Home · Register · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username  

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Post-processing & Printing | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2012 · DPP, how to set monitor profile with Lion?

Peter Montanti
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · DPP, how to set monitor profile with Lion?

I'm using the latest version of DPP on an iMac running Lion with a NEC monitor. I want to set my monitor profile in DPP preferences to the same profile used by the NEC but I can't find the profile the monitor uses. The profile is in the now hidden User Library folder accessible by pressing option when viewing the Finder/Go menu. In DPP preferences the User Library is not showing in the list of folders under my User. Is the User Library also hidden from DPP preferences? If so, how do you set the monitor profile for viewing the image in the edit window? I'm asking this because the image I'm seeing in the DPP edit window is different from the processed tif in Photoshop.

Peter

Jan 23, 2012 at 10:28 PM
colinm
• • • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · DPP, how to set monitor profile with Lion?

With the profile browser open, Command-Shift-G to Go, enter ~/Library/, hit enter, and browse to your profile. Or you can drag it in from a Finder window.

Maybe one day Canon will actually write their software correctly, but that'll probably occur shortly before world peace and pigs flying.

Jan 23, 2012 at 11:22 PM
Peter Montanti
• •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · DPP, how to set monitor profile with Lion?

Thanks Colin, that lets me choose the profile from the User Library.
I'm still getting a difference however in the DPP image and the processed Tif. They should be the same but the tiff has more magenta. Any thoughts on this?

Peter

Jan 24, 2012 at 07:52 AM
Alan321
• • • • • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · DPP, how to set monitor profile with Lion?

I assume that you can copy the profile you need to a folder that DPP can access.

However, perhaps the problem is more to do with the colour profile assigned (or not assigned) to the files that you are editing and the colour space used by DPP. The original file might be using a profile based on Adobe RGB, for example, as defined in the camera, but the edited tiff file might be using sRGB, for example, as defined by the DPP default colour space. I'm not certain because I haven't used DPP for some time.

Are you only using DPP, or is another program being used to display the files ? Does it know what the colour profile should be ?

- Alan

Jan 25, 2012 at 10:48 PM
Peter Montanti
• •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · DPP, how to set monitor profile with Lion?

Alan, yes I've assigned the same profile in DPP that is used on my NEC PA241W monitor as Colin suggested.

I've just uninstalled DPP and removed all preferences I could find then reinstalled it and updated to the newest version of DPP which is what I had been using. I was hoping that doing this would resolve the problem but it didn't change anything.
I've set up preferences in DPP as I have had for many years with the color space set to Wide Gamut RGB and the monitor profile chosen. Wide Gamut RGB is also chosen in the Adjustment menu drop down. As far as I can tell I'm doing everything correctly but not getting the expected results as I have always experienced. My color space in PS is ProPhoto RGB.

Currently I'm just using DPP but may use ACR instead. I prefer the image quality from DPP however.

For anyone else using DPP with Lion, are your previews in the DPP edit window the same as your tifs in PS?

Thanks for any information and help.

Peter

Jan 26, 2012 at 09:29 AM

FM Forums | Post-processing & Printing | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.