p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · RRS X10 L bracket NICE! design

http://reallyrightstuff.com/ProductDesc.aspx?code=BX10-L-Set&type=3&eq=

Edited on Jan 19, 2012 at 08:08 AM · View previous versions

Jan 18, 2012 at 04:06 PM
Mr Joe
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · RRS X10 L bracket NICE! design

I could see these modular L-plate designs being really useful -- bottom one on all the time, side one on if you're going to have the camera vertical a lot to shoot panos or portraits.

Jan 18, 2012 at 05:41 PM
jrscls
• • • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · RRS X10 L bracket NICE! design

Any obstructions to the battery / SD door with the RSS L Plate on the X10? I agree with the above, I could possibly see leaving the base plate on all the time if it doesn't get in the way too much.

Jan 20, 2012 at 07:35 AM
sjms
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · RRS X10 L bracket NICE! design

no obstruction. it is designed to stay on the camera and give full access.

any product that RRS makes that might limit the use of any portion of your camera is generally brought up on their website. they are up front and generally conservative about the technical capabilities of their products.

Edited on Jan 20, 2012 at 04:50 PM · View previous versions

Jan 20, 2012 at 07:42 AM
rick_reno
• • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · RRS X10 L bracket NICE! design

i've got two, I wish they were all modular.

Jan 20, 2012 at 10:48 AM
sjms
• • • • • • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · RRS X10 L bracket NICE! design

some are easier then others to do that way

Jan 20, 2012 at 12:12 PM
TSY87
• • •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · RRS X10 L bracket NICE! design

beautiful...

I still remember when I bought my first RRS components... I was hesitant because of the price, but once I got them in hand, I realize why they cost so much. Totally worth it in the end.

Buy once, and buy (really) right (stuff).

Jan 20, 2012 at 07:23 PM
rockytodd
• •
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · RRS X10 L bracket NICE! design

I really like this design.
The RRS L bracket I have on my D700 is a pain on the butt whenever I want to connect the USB cable from that hole on the side plate.

Jan 21, 2012 at 01:36 AM
sjms
• • • • • • •
p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · RRS X10 L bracket NICE! design

i actually have mine positioned out about 3mm all the time and pop the door with a CC or anything else like it to access. takes but a moment. i agree though this mount would benefit from the newer design as did the D7000 version.

by doing it in 2 parts lowers the overall cost by using smaller bar stock but requires one to check the connector bolt for security and tightness as needed. in other words more user involvement and responsibility. that in itself can raise issues later. on the bright side for them, having multiple parts (3), inreases the potential for increased income for parts loss replacement due to misplacement or other situations

my friend does have the D7000 version for over 6 months now and to date has not had an issue with it loosening as she keeps it on L all the time. i have checked it myself every now and then (throw the allen wrench on it) and so far its holding well.

Jan 21, 2012 at 06:55 AM
EB-1
• • • • • • •
p.1 #10 · p.1 #10 · RRS X10 L bracket NICE! design

I prefer the separate plates that are better for each purpose. When I use an L bracket I surely want one that is one piece of alloy without concern for the screws loosening. When I want the simple A-S plate, I want the a smaller lighter one - otherwise I'd use the L bracket. I can see the value to the manufacturer in production of the L bracket and reduced inventory. Given the relatively high cost, I'm not sure that the consumer benefits as much.

EBH

Jan 22, 2012 at 08:35 AM
sjms
• • • • • • •
p.1 #11 · p.1 #11 · RRS X10 L bracket NICE! design

preferences noted. so far though the heaviest body they have done the split on is the D7000 and has worked quite well, at least from my friend point of view and mine too. how it progresses will be up to the design/engineering boys and girls at RRS. they haven't done me wrong so far in the products i have used and purchased. so i keep an open mind. already have a shopping list for puchases over the next 6 months.

Jan 22, 2012 at 08:43 AM
arnold1
• • •
p.1 #12 · p.1 #12 · RRS X10 L bracket NICE! design

I use them on my 5D II, 7Ds and have lens plate/foot for every lens that requires one. The combination of camera and lens brackets work great with RRS ballheads and are absolutely priceless with wedding or portrait flash brackets by making the set up a breeze. I rather have as few pieces as possible as to me once the bracket is on the camera or the lens there is no reason for it to come off. The only thing I wish is for the price to be lower.

Jan 22, 2012 at 07:17 PM

FM Forums | General Gear-talk | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.