New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Photo Critique | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2012 · Portrait

teraflame
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Portrait

Honestly I haven't really done much people shooting, much less editing them. Any comments/critiques are appreciated.

Jan 18, 2012 at 12:23 AM
T-bone1
• • • • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Portrait

Her skin appears a bit too yellow, a residual from the background and lighting.

I'd also crop just above her left elbow. The hand looks odd the way it is positioned, and detracts rather than enhances.

Cute expression on a cute girl!

-Tim

Jan 19, 2012 at 02:40 PM
silvawispa
• • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Portrait

Really nice casual portrait, personally the colours are fine for me. It suits the location.

My issue is with the background.

The mangle of lines going into her head are a serious distraction and a swine to remove later!

Jan 20, 2012 at 06:08 PM
jkkwan

p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Portrait

Don't like the lighting on her face, especially the dark spots around her right eye (left of her face looking at the picture) and the dark spots on the bridge of her nose. The pose also doesn't look all that natural. Keep shooting!

Jan 21, 2012 at 12:25 AM
lylejk
• • • • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Portrait

Soft focus techniques, feathered the hair and did go ahead (originally didn't, but just read jkk's post and said, yeah, why not. lol) and addressed the bags too. Obvious healing brush work as well. Guess, I'm asian enough to not mind so much the yellow tone of her skin, so, for the most part, left that be.

http://img850.imageshack.us/img850/2031/rinaka2.jpg

Jan 21, 2012 at 11:45 AM
Kaden K.
• • • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Portrait

The biggest problem you have here is the POV. Why a top down look? Tends not to work for children, and the fair gender for all obvious reasons.

Jan 21, 2012 at 03:40 PM
cgardner
• • • • •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · Portrait

Flattering pose, unflattering lighting because she is looking down away from the light. Brow is shading eyes and only nose is highlighted making it the star in the spotlight here.

Look at the light. Put it in the eyes if you want her to say come close. Shade the eyes when you want a " look but don't mess with me" body language.

With ambient light you must raise and turn subject to light then find a flattering camera angle above eye line to hide distracting nostrils. If you see them after raising face to light it's a clue the pov is too low.

I'd crop it tighter to eliminate the distraction of the lower hand and background which work to sooner or later pull attention off the face. Think star in spotlight. The star being the front of the face with brightest light on the face in eyes and top of cheeks. Move face or lights with that goal in mind and lighting is pretty simple. Make face contrast the most on background.

Jan 22, 2012 at 03:00 AM

FM Forums | Photo Critique | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.