Home · Register · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username  

FM Forum Rules
Macro World Resource

FM Forums | Macro & Still Life | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2012 · A good jumper pic? Flickr questions?

kiernter
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · A good jumper pic? Flickr questions?

I posted this on Flickr. Thought the pic was OK, but it has attracted more hits than usual, and today there was a huge jump in traffic, and I can't figure out why. I checked the "referrers" in Flickr and no leads-- just says Flickr for the source of most of the hits. Therefore, I have two questions:

1/ Any idea why the jump in traffic?
2/ Since I am on the topic of Flickr, does anyone know how to paste additional images into a Flickr photo in the comments section, so instead of uploading one image, you have multiple images there. Can't figure it out.

Anyway, here's the pic. Hope you are enjoying the last of your weekend because it's Monday morning already for me!!

IMG_6419 by kiernter, on Flickr

Jan 15, 2012 at 05:54 PM
birdied
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · A good jumper pic? Flickr questions?

It is a marvelous image !

Have no idea about flickr, sorry.

Birdie

Jan 15, 2012 at 06:23 PM
DQE1.0
• • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · A good jumper pic? Flickr questions?

Love the jumper photo - great colors and background/context/scene.

-----------
Something I've wondered about is that with my "Apple TV" box it's easy to hook it up to any flickr folder as a source for a slide show or a screen saver one one's HDTV.

I now do this routinely with my favorite flickr macro shooters' flickr folders, including yours. It makes for a very enjoyable slide show if one a large flat panel HDTV, as are increasingly affordable these days. Since an HDTV is about 1920 x 1080 pixels, one has plenty of pixels to show a typical flickr photo with detail similar to what one would see with a reasonably new 1900 x 1100 (approx pixel dimensions) PC monitor. I assume that this repetitive cycling through a specific folder may increment the "viewed" count for the photos in a folder, possibly accounting for your increased views count.

Others say that they are doing this too, and if a person leaves the Apple TV on for an extended time, in principle the photos in the selected folder would be "viewed" many times.

Hope this helps. Obviously, I am not sure that this really explains your flickr view count elevation, but perhaps it's a possibility.

Jan 15, 2012 at 09:22 PM
kiernter
• • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · A good jumper pic? Flickr questions?

That may be it as I got 500 hits but no new comments. Thanks for comments guys. That jumper does have cute eyelashes...

Jan 15, 2012 at 10:33 PM
LordV
• • • • • • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · A good jumper pic? Flickr questions?

Wonderful capture - you normally get a sudden lift in traffic when someone mentions it somewhere else, but like you I can't always find where the extra hits have come from.

Re the flickr query - hit the share button and copy the HTML code (grab the html/bbCode. and paste that in the comments box. Think there may be a max size limit in operation though on what can be put into a comment box

Brian v.

Jan 16, 2012 at 02:44 AM
kiernter
• • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · A good jumper pic? Flickr questions?

Thanks B. Will give it a shot...

Jan 16, 2012 at 02:52 AM
Bandi
• • • •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · A good jumper pic? Flickr questions?

Great jumper shot Terrence! The vibrant colour of the leaf really makes the shot stand out IMO. Very cute little fella!

Jan 16, 2012 at 04:54 AM
orionmystery
• • • • •
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · A good jumper pic? Flickr questions?

Very nice shot, Terrence.

Jan 16, 2012 at 08:32 AM
orionmystery
• • • • •
p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · A good jumper pic? Flickr questions?

Very nice shot, Terrence.

Jan 16, 2012 at 08:33 AM
michael kilner
• • • • •
p.1 #10 · p.1 #10 · A good jumper pic? Flickr questions?

lovely shot

Jan 16, 2012 at 10:35 AM
cadman342001
• • • • •
p.1 #11 · p.1 #11 · A good jumper pic? Flickr questions?

I would say not a good jumper pic...........I would say a GREAT jumper pic !

As someone has already mentioned, the b/g makes the shot

Andy

Jan 16, 2012 at 08:03 PM
kmunroe
• • • • • • •
p.1 #12 · p.1 #12 · A good jumper pic? Flickr questions?

great shot Terrence

Jan 17, 2012 at 04:21 AM
gmazza
• • •
p.1 #13 · p.1 #13 · A good jumper pic? Flickr questions?

kiernter wrote:
1/ Any idea why the jump in traffic?

Looks this photo was explored in Jan 11:

http://bighugelabs.com/scout.php?username=49687108@N04&combined=1

And drooped from explore after, sometimes a explored photo is re-blogged in some places and this generates the extra views

kiernter wrote:
2/ Since I am on the topic of Flickr, does anyone know how to paste additional images into a Flickr photo in the comments section, so instead of uploading one image, you have multiple images there. Can't figure it out.

Some people upload one main image as public, and the images to be posted in comments as private, and after paste the private images in the first comment of the photo trough the flickr share menu.

Jan 17, 2012 at 08:50 AM
kiernter
• • •
p.1 #14 · p.1 #14 · A good jumper pic? Flickr questions?

Thanks G.

Jan 17, 2012 at 05:06 PM

FM Forums | Macro & Still Life | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.