New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Post-processing & Printing | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2012 · Composite image of Houston Marathon

essphoto
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Composite image of Houston Marathon

Here's a shot of the Houston Marathon runners passing by my university this morning. My assignment was to highlight the university as they ran past the main entrance. Getting a good angle was tricky since the other side of the road was not blocked off to traffic. The only mention of the university was the banner hanging up on the gate, so I had a flash on full power beneath it to make it pop a bit more, then ran into the middle of the road to get 5 shots from the same position with different groups of runners in each, then combined them in PS to make it look "fuller." C&C welcome, thanks.

Edited on Jan 17, 2012 at 10:53 AM · View previous versions

Jan 15, 2012 at 04:58 PM
cwebster
• • • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Composite image of Houston Marathon

Hmmm, that's interesting photography, but questionable journalism.

<Chas>

Jan 15, 2012 at 07:38 PM
farski
• • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Composite image of Houston Marathon

If photoshopping that extremely is an option, you should be able to put together a lot stronger. Even if shopped perfectly this would be very snapshot-y at best, but as is has some floating heads, missing legs, etc.

Jan 15, 2012 at 08:31 PM
essphoto
• •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Composite image of Houston Marathon

cwebster wrote:
Hmmm, that's interesting photography, but questionable journalism.

<Chas>

Thankfully it's not journalism... but yes, would be unacceptable if it were.

farski wrote:
If photoshopping that extremely is an option, you should be able to put together a lot stronger. Even if shopped perfectly this would be very snapshot-y at best, but as is has some floating heads, missing legs, etc.

Thanks, I'm curious what would make it stronger?

Jan 15, 2012 at 08:57 PM
Bernie
• • • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Composite image of Houston Marathon

If this is to be published in a standard University promo pamphlet that's either 7" max on the longest or even 8x10, then any floating heads etc won't be noticed.

If you're trying to show life at the university, I think it shows it well and the name is certainly prominent. I think you did this well if it's to be used as promotional material.

I'm not on a calibrated monitor at the moment, but a slight bump in saturation might help.

Jan 16, 2012 at 09:14 AM

FM Forums | Post-processing & Printing | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.