Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site

FM Forums | Nature & Wildlife | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2012 · How to shoot awesome wildlife photos??

jake40509
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · How to shoot awesome wildlife photos??

Hi guys,

I know this may be a really, REALLY stupid question...but, I gotta ask...

So, to get these great wildlife shots (excluding birds to some degree) are you simply going out into the woods/wilderness, setting up a blind of some sort, and just waiting and hoping something comes along? ....similar to a hunter but with a camera instead of a gun.

Is that the basic technique?

I'm not making light of this and I seriously don't mean to insult anyone. This is something that I would dearly love to do.

Thanks,
Jake

Jan 15, 2012 at 01:14 AM
morris
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #2 · How to shoot awesome wildlife photos??

http://www.fredmiranda.com/forum/topic/1076672

Jan 15, 2012 at 02:07 AM
normsmith
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #3 · How to shoot awesome wildlife photos??

Many of the good images of wildlife are taken in areas where the animals are accustomed to seeing people. Wildlife Refuges, National Parks, sanctuaries, etc. Almost all of the excellent wildlife photographers study the species to learn as much as they can about the habits, diets, shelters, loafing areas, breeding, nesting etc. of the species. Armed with this knowledge they are more likely to get better results. Just wandering around in the woods or sitting and waiting for something to walk by isn't the way to go about it.

Knowing your equipment is also essential. Knowing what you will need and how to operate the gear gives you a better chance of success. . Practice on tame subjects, like in a zoo can show you what to do and what not to do.

I hope this helps a bit.
Norm

Jan 15, 2012 at 04:46 AM
DonGut
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #4 · How to shoot awesome wildlife photos??

It's pure luck. These guys are just out there fumbling around and something happens to show up. Sorry. They are real serious pros in their own right and spend time getting to good areas and then taking the patience to find the subject and even longer taking hundreds or 1000's of shots, selecting the top few to share. If it was easy it wouldn't be fun!!! Don

Jan 15, 2012 at 05:11 AM

FM Forums | Nature & Wildlife | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password