New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2012 · Help choose

saywhuut
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Help choose

I'm going to go take pics of burrowing owls in south Florida. Need advice on which lens to rent. Last time I went down I was able to get full frame pics with my 24-105 f4. I was blessed, and hope to be blessed again but I would like I being more focal length do I don't have to get so close and risk spooking them. My two choices for rentals are the 200mm 2.8 mk ii or the 300 f4 IS. Those two are my choices because of price. 300mm sounds tempting but I don't want to risk too slow shutter speeds as I missed a few last time around with f4. Like the fact 2.8 will get me faster shutter speeds but the length of the 300 is tempting and I guess ISO 200 for compensation wouldn't hurt anything in terms of grain. Advice??

Jan 07, 2012 at 08:37 PM
sbeme
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Help choose

Longer is better. You shouldnt have a problem with ISO 400 on your 30D. 200 is just not close enough.
Maybe even rent a 100-400, although you will need more light/higher ISO (f5.6 at the long end)

Scott

Jan 07, 2012 at 08:41 PM

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.