New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Lighting & Studio Techniques | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2012 · Elinchrom El_Skyport Transmitter speed

thierrydehove
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Elinchrom El_Skyport Transmitter speed

Hi Guys

I sent an email to Elinchrom last month and I am still waiting for an answer so I am trying here
Happy New Year and thanks in advance, Thierry

I just bought this items with 2 receivers and I have some issues with the El-Skyport
During my photo shooting, he is switching between speed and standard mode, so I am missing some shots

What do I am missing ?
How can I “block” it to one mode ?

Jan 04, 2012 at 08:31 PM
Sheldon N
• • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Elinchrom El_Skyport Transmitter speed

The transmitter should not switch to "Speed" mode unless you are pressing/holding the test button for 5 seconds, when the transmitter is set to "Group - All". The LED will flash twice to let you know it has switched.

Many receivers are not compatible with the "Speed" mode, such as the Universal receivers. You should probably leave it in "Standard" triggering mode.

Jan 05, 2012 at 12:19 PM
thierrydehove
• •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Elinchrom El_Skyport Transmitter speed

I would like to stay in standard but he is switching by speed, when doing nothing so I have to go to my receivers to switch to speed, doesn't make sense at all

Jan 05, 2012 at 01:22 PM
Mark Astmann

p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Elinchrom El_Skyport Transmitter speed

On the Transmitter (trigger) or the Universal receiver pressing and holding the Test button for 5 seconds will switch you from standard to speed mode or speed to standard. The LED blinks once every 5 seconds when units are in standard mode, twice every 5 seconds when in Speed mode.

The most common reason for the switching is people "thunder thumb" the transmitter's test button inadvertently switching it's mode from one to the other. If this happens without any user interference there is radio interference, electro magnetic voltage interference or the module is defective. If radio interference (these operate at 2.4Hz range so wireless network could impact them) change the channels to matching ones on both the transmitter and receiver. EMV can be caused by some flashguns and can sometimes impact the receiver. If this is the case, use a longer cord to connect the receiver to the flashgun. If the Skyport module is defective you'll need contact the Elinchrom agents in the country where you purchased the units.

Mark Astmann
Product Lighting Manager
Manfrotto Distribution USA

Jan 11, 2012 at 11:22 AM
thierrydehove
• •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Elinchrom El_Skyport Transmitter speed

Hello Mark
Thanks so much for your email and this post,
make things so clear now, I was doing a photo shooting yesterday and I had to switch for normal to speed function on the SPEED Transmitter

I am using 2 speed lights Canon 580 EX II and 430 EX II so it could the reason and I will try to play with my channels next time

Thanks again, T

Jan 12, 2012 at 10:06 AM

FM Forums | Lighting & Studio Techniques | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.