Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2012 · Switch bodies?

Hrow
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · Switch bodies?

The high prices for used 1DsMkIII bodies is making me ponder doing a switch. Currently I have a 1DsMkIII for my FF stuff and a 7D for times when I need more FPS, better buffering, and some a "longer" FOV makes sense.

It has occurred to me that I could sell both, add a modest amount of cash and get a 1DMkIV and a 5DMkII. The MkIV would be a big step up from the 7D while the 5DMkII would equal the 1DsMKIII in studio situations and provide a smaller FF camera for traveling.

I'm not sure I see a downside as I end up with new bodies (assuming I can find a MkIV) with the same or better capabilities. Thoughts?

Jan 04, 2012 at 03:33 AM
mttran
• • • • •
p.1 #2 · Switch bodies?

You will miss the clean low 50-800 1Ds3 iso but you will gain everything else from 1Ds3 & 7D to 1D4 & 5D2 switch.

Jan 04, 2012 at 03:40 AM
jcolwell
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #3 · Switch bodies?

I'd save up for a while longer and simply replace the 7D with a 1DIV. In fact, that's exactly what I did last summer (aided by the sale of both a 7D and 1DIII).

Jan 04, 2012 at 03:49 AM
Richard Nye
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #4 · Switch bodies?

I have a 1DsIII and 1DIV. I would cut off my right leg before I got rid of my 1DsIII. I use that 10X more than the 1DIV based on my type of photography. It seems like the 1DsIII files can be manipulated more in post than the 5DII files (but I only owned a 5DII for a little while).

Jan 04, 2012 at 05:40 AM
rscheffler
• • • •
p.1 #5 · Switch bodies?

Yeah, there is something to be said about having a unified set of cameras that share batteries and general UI (thinking of a 1DsIII & 1DIV kit). You also run into the possibility of selling a camera that works well for one that has issues out of the box. IMO the only appeal of the 5DII would be the smaller size if used without the grip, oh, and the decent, sharp LCD for live view.

Jan 04, 2012 at 05:47 AM

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password