Home · Register · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username  

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2012 · Canon 70-300 f/4-5.6 L IS: Wiggly lens hood?

janmcn
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Canon 70-300 f/4-5.6 L IS: Wiggly lens hood?

I've tried multiple times to get this lens hood to stay firmly attached…using their directions for "lining it up" and looking to see the little areas to line up and twist, etc. but the lens hood still has "wiggle room"…not at all like any other lens hoods that are securely in place. I'm afraid this one will just fall off with a good bump. Any others with this happening?

Jan 03, 2012 at 10:10 AM
jonbrach
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Canon 70-300 f/4-5.6 L IS: Wiggly lens hood?

I have found no such issue with mine thus far!

Jan 03, 2012 at 11:11 AM
janmcn
• •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Canon 70-300 f/4-5.6 L IS: Wiggly lens hood?

I've contacted Canon about it…so just wanted to see if anyone else had any issue…thanks for the reply. This is definitely not right.

Jan 03, 2012 at 01:40 PM
skibum5
• • • • • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Canon 70-300 f/4-5.6 L IS: Wiggly lens hood?

janmcn wrote:
I've tried multiple times to get this lens hood to stay firmly attached…using their directions for "lining it up" and looking to see the little areas to line up and twist, etc. but the lens hood still has "wiggle room"…not at all like any other lens hoods that are securely in place. I'm afraid this one will just fall off with a good bump. Any others with this happening?

if anything I find the hood too TIGHT, especially at first I was afraid it might twist the inner barrel too much putting it on and off

anyway not even the remotest hint of wiggle on mine

Jan 03, 2012 at 01:53 PM
janmcn
• •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Canon 70-300 f/4-5.6 L IS: Wiggly lens hood?

OOPS…after reading Jon's response, I checked the "hood numbers" against them online and found I had mixed up the 70-200 with the 70-300…operator error…again.

Jan 03, 2012 at 01:54 PM

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.