Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2011 · Canon 1d mkII N front focus

greatwhite

Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Canon 1d mkII N front focus

I recently got a used 1d mkii n body and i'm having problems with front focus on some of my lenses i have used. 24L, 85L, 50/1.8. They all worked perfectly on my previous body, the 40d and 5d.
Could this be a problem of the body and if so, can it be fixed?

Dec 31, 2011 at 06:20 PM
jcolwell
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Canon 1d mkII N front focus

How is your camera setup for autofocus? Are you using a matrix of AF points, or the centre one? In my personal experience, the 1DII has much better AF than both the 40D and 5D.

Have you read the Canon white paper on how to use the 1DII-series autofocus? It used to be available at Canon web sites, but no longer. You can download a copy from my site:

Getting the Most from your EOS 1-Series Camera www.jcolwell.ca/ftp/EOS_Digital-Getting-the-most.pdf

Dec 31, 2011 at 07:26 PM
greatwhite

p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Canon 1d mkII N front focus

Thanks jcolwell. I have been using 1d series before but never had problems with AF. Oh, i'm always using the central focusing point.

Dec 31, 2011 at 11:17 PM
svassh
• • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Canon 1d mkII N front focus

jcolwell wrote:
How is your camera setup for autofocus? Are you using a matrix of AF points, or the centre one? In my personal experience, the 1DII has much better AF than both the 40D and 5D.

Have you read the Canon white paper on how to use the 1DII-series autofocus? It used to be available at Canon web sites, but no longer. You can download a copy from my site:

Getting the Most from your EOS 1-Series Camera www.jcolwell.ca/ftp/EOS_Digital-Getting-the-most.pdf

Nice article thanks for sharing.

Dec 31, 2011 at 11:21 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

mark fadely
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Canon 1d mkII N front focus

I had 1 MKIIn that front focused and Canon service could never fix it. So it does happen. There is no reason that Canon cannot calibrate it properly, but I gave up after 3 trips to the service department. Images showing the problem were forwarded with the camera each time it went to service, but it's like they didn't even look at them. Fortunately the retailer I bought it from refunded my money. I owned 2 other MKIIn's that were perfect.

Dec 31, 2011 at 11:31 PM
GeneO
• • • • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Canon 1d mkII N front focus

Had to have mine calibrated too, but they got it right first time.

Dec 31, 2011 at 11:47 PM
greatwhite

p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · Canon 1d mkII N front focus

I guess i'll send it to canon for a check up. It's just strange to me that the previous owner didn't notice this with a little less than 200k shots he took.

Jan 01, 2012 at 01:42 PM

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password