Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

end

Archive 2011 · Canon EF 500/600mm f/4 IS MkII review

rscheffler
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.2 #1 · p.2 #1 · Canon EF 500/600mm f/4 IS MkII review

PetKal wrote:
I am not so sure of that.
For example, Canon's apparent inability to supply the US retailers with 300/400 II today doesn't inspire confidence in 500/600 II availability early this year.

Do we know they're having trouble supplying the 300 & 400? My impression is that no one cares. Three months of NFL football games, some in large markets like NYC, and I think I saw three 400 II lenses... Zero 300 IIs. Hardly anyone was talking about the lenses. Granted, they might not have hit the street until around October, but still, not any excitement among the guys on the sidelines.

Jan 04, 2012 at 06:55 AM
Pixel Perfect
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.2 #2 · p.2 #2 · Canon EF 500/600mm f/4 IS MkII review

rscheffler wrote:
Do we know they're having trouble supplying the 300 & 400? My impression is that no one cares. Three months of NFL football games, some in large markets like NYC, and I think I saw three 400 II lenses... Zero 300 IIs. Hardly anyone was talking about the lenses. Granted, they might not have hit the street until around October, but still, not any excitement among the guys on the sidelines.

Maybe because the IQ of the current lenses is so good, none of them will be in any hurry to pay 50-60% more for the new ones. Also it's a tough economic climate to be upgrading for the sake of it.

Jan 04, 2012 at 09:52 AM
PetKal
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.2 #3 · p.2 #3 · Canon EF 500/600mm f/4 IS MkII review

rscheffler wrote:
Do we know they're having trouble supplying the 300 & 400?

If I knew I wouldn't have said "apparent inability to supply".
I am going by Adorama's and B&H's daily stock levels of both lenses......since their introduction, the lenses have largely been out of stock, particularly so with 400 II. And that I do not think is due to an overheated demand. Also, a couple of people who were looking to buy 400 II told me the lens had been hard to find in the US.

Jan 04, 2012 at 12:19 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

Gary Irwin
• • •
p.2 #4 · p.2 #4 · Canon EF 500/600mm f/4 IS MkII review

I was told by a Canadian distributor a month ago that the 600mm IS II might start shipping in extremely limited quantities by late January. I'm not holding my breath, but we shall soon see.

Jan 04, 2012 at 02:42 PM
AJay
• •
p.2 #5 · p.2 #5 · Canon EF 500/600mm f/4 IS MkII review

I had the 400 II, but the autofocus was too slow with a 2x on it. I thought I could use it instead of the 600 II with a 1.4x, but such was not the case. (I reluctantly returned it. I did have for sale here on FM for a few days in case anyone wanted it.)

Now I am waiting patiently for the 600mm II. If it's as sharp as the 400 II, it will be a stellar lens!

Alan

Jan 04, 2012 at 03:08 PM
dolina
• • • •
p.2 #6 · p.2 #6 · Canon EF 500/600mm f/4 IS MkII review

TDP was told by USA that it will ship by April. I'll bet late April for a handful of lenses and the rest by May.

http://the-digital-picture.com/News/News-Post.aspx?News=1726

Jan 04, 2012 at 05:18 PM
       end

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Reset password