Home · Register · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username  

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2011 · 70-200 f4 L (non-IS) and teleconverters?

David Baldwin
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · 70-200 f4 L (non-IS) and teleconverters?

I have a Canon 70-200 f4 L (non-IS) that I use tripod mounted for landscape type work. I am wondering if I would be happy using this lens with a teleconverter in an attempt to extend my telephoto range. Am I likely to be happy IQ wise with a teleconverter and if so which brand/type would be best/better value for money etc.

Dec 27, 2011 at 08:59 AM

p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · 70-200 f4 L (non-IS) and teleconverters?

yes, i was more than happy with that combo and the canon mk1 1.4 and in fact the 2x as well, and i am quite picky when it come to the IQ department for my landscapes.
served very well as a travel kit too.

simon

Dec 27, 2011 at 09:09 AM
dwweiche
• • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · 70-200 f4 L (non-IS) and teleconverters?

Agree with parsons. Very light and good quality travel kit. I shot with the 1.4x Mk I on a 7D. Just needed to keep the shutter speed up.

Dec 27, 2011 at 07:29 PM
Gyroscope
• • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · 70-200 f4 L (non-IS) and teleconverters?

Image quality wise it should fairly good. I used the IS version in africa recently though and was not very happy with the amount of soft pics i was getting (with 1.4x attached) and i think it was causing problems with accuracy of AF especially when the light is not so good. On static subjects it should be okay though.

Dec 29, 2011 at 03:34 AM

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.