Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Post-processing & Printing | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2011 · Epson R2880 head clogging... does it?

Donald Gray
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · Epson R2880 head clogging... does it?

I have a badly clogged Epson R800 and am looking to replace it. See this thread.I was going to get away from Epson but have read some good user reviews of the Epson R2880.

Some of the reviewers state that the user has never had to clean the head etc.

I would be very interested to hear from R2880 users as to their experiences, good or bad. In particular anyone who does not print every week (or month - I will be away for about 5 weeks and am worrying about clogging from dried ink on the head)

I would also like to hear from anyone using a CIS with the R2888.

Thanks.

Dec 27, 2011 at 01:15 PM
cbbm

p.1 #2 · Epson R2880 head clogging... does it?

I would say if you use ink jet, it would clog during a long inactive period. 5 weeks is probably not allowed. you can setup an auto printing from your OS to trigger the printer and let it print something out every other days or run the nozzle check. you still want to run nozzle clean when you come back. It is also more handy to have a cleaning kit with you such as http://www.inkrepublic.com/iRemove.asp
the CIS for R2880? there are some good choices out there, check with either inkjetmall or inkrepublic.com

Dec 29, 2011 at 01:04 AM
anthonygh
• • •
p.1 #3 · Epson R2880 head clogging... does it?

I have to say...that after a period of my R2880 being turned off (about 10 days) I had blocked nozzles on one colour when I did a nozzle check!! I was not happy!

However, I have a little purge image ( an image about the size of a postcard that is basically a strip of colour for each cartridge...and requires the printer to fire all nozzles during the print)...and I printed that......the next nozzle print test was perfect.

Dec 29, 2011 at 01:12 AM
Donald Gray
• • • •
p.1 #4 · Epson R2880 head clogging... does it?

cbbm:
Thanks for the info & links. I may well delay the purchase until after our trip away.

Dec 29, 2011 at 01:33 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

cbbm

p.1 #5 · Epson R2880 head clogging... does it?

anthonygh wrote:
I have to say...that after a period of my R2880 being turned off (about 10 days) I had blocked nozzles on one colour when I did a nozzle check!! I was not happy!

However, I have a little purge image ( an image about the size of a postcard that is basically a strip of colour for each cartridge...and requires the printer to fire all nozzles during the print)...and I printed that......the next nozzle print test was perfect.

good tips, and here is an example
http://www.inkrepublic.com/members/nozzle/index.asp
http://www.inkrepublic.com/KnowledgeBase/ColorOff.asp

Dec 29, 2011 at 06:29 PM
Donald Gray
• • • •
p.1 #6 · Epson R2880 head clogging... does it?

Again, Many thanks for those links - they look very useful - just what I need.

A happy New Year to all...

Dec 30, 2011 at 09:41 AM
Donald Gray
• • • •
p.1 #7 · Epson R2880 head clogging... does it?

cbbm, I have just spent 2 hours going throu the inkrepublic site. I have found it very interesting and given me a far deeper insight on the mechanics of CIS..

Again, thanks for the links

Dec 30, 2011 at 12:01 PM

FM Forums | Post-processing & Printing | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password