New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

2       end

Archive 2011 · Has the 1DIII seen it's best days

Art Knight
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Has the 1DIII seen it's best days

I can't help but to notice how slow the 1DIII sales go. Seems almost, that it has already past it's time? Just doesn't seem possible for such a wonderful camera. Has anyone else noticed?

Dec 21, 2011 at 09:20 AM
mco_970
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Has the 1DIII seen it's best days

Doesn't seem like it to me. Prices haven't really fallen in a year and a half.

Dec 21, 2011 at 09:29 AM
Methodical
• • • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Has the 1DIII seen it's best days

I just think folks are trying to time the market with the new 1DX coming out soon. Once that's out they probably believe folks will be willing to unload them even cheaper.

Just One Man's Opinion

Dec 21, 2011 at 09:54 AM
RobertLynn
• • • • • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Has the 1DIII seen it's best days

Is this serious?

Dec 21, 2011 at 10:39 AM
Andre Goli
• • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Has the 1DIII seen it's best days

That's funny, I was telling one of my customers the other day that I found out that I passed more time in studio and outdoor with my 1DIII than my 5DII.... So good so far..... Ergonomy, focus and better high white management are for someting in that statement...
I am sure the 1DIV and 1DX are better in some aspects, but for now, no need to change anything in my setup... quality wise...
Sure, in term of pricing, the 1DIII is one of the best value around there for one year.....

Dec 21, 2011 at 02:47 PM
scalesusa
• • • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Has the 1DIII seen it's best days

I sold mine about 3 or four months ago for more than I paid almost two years ago. The value seems to be holding up well.

Dec 21, 2011 at 03:28 PM
drive_75
• • •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · Has the 1DIII seen it's best days

I bought a used 1D3 a couple of weeks ago and loved it. My 5D2 haven't seen much action since. No matter what camera Canon release, I think I'm set for the next 5-8 years.

Dec 21, 2011 at 08:35 PM
big country
• • • •
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · Has the 1DIII seen it's best days

1d iii is an amazing camera.

It may be canon's most perfect used camera if you are not stuck on having full frame.

i have one for sale right now, but am keeping my other two....

Dec 21, 2011 at 09:20 PM
artsupreme
• • • •
p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · Has the 1DIII seen it's best days

I agree 1DIII is one of Canon's best all around cameras and an amazing value at 2k. Great IQ, great high ISO, mindblowing battery life, amazing for action or portraits, etc. This camera will be good for years to come.

Dec 21, 2011 at 10:33 PM
Netgarden
• • • •
p.1 #10 · p.1 #10 · Has the 1DIII seen it's best days

I still have mine, and after buying the IV, I miss it! I miss the colors and clean shadow detail. Great camera. Mine has 400,000 actuations and going strong!

Dec 22, 2011 at 01:20 AM
carrg1954
• • •
p.1 #11 · p.1 #11 · Has the 1DIII seen it's best days

I would agree that
The prices have not really gone down in almost two years and
Its a great buy. regards

Dec 22, 2011 at 02:34 AM
troy12n
• • •
p.1 #12 · p.1 #12 · Has the 1DIII seen it's best days

Only gearheads upgrade at every opportunity.

It never ceases to amaze me that people think that just because a camera or lens has been replaced that the previous version somehow ceases to be able to make photographs...

Dec 22, 2011 at 08:50 AM
Dawei Ye
• • • •
p.1 #13 · p.1 #13 · Has the 1DIII seen it's best days

I was never a fan of this camera. I have one, but never use it. It's AF is a bit haphazard, but even the IQ isn't that great compared to modern cameras like 5D2. Not talking about high ISO per se, but more things like colour tone etc.

Dec 22, 2011 at 09:29 AM
Mark Monugian

p.1 #14 · p.1 #14 · Has the 1DIII seen it's best days

The 1D III Series, Canons last pure still cameras! My 1D Mark III has been nothing short of excellent for me, and I am always shooting fast action with it.

Dec 22, 2011 at 11:01 PM
jcolwell
• • • • • • •
p.1 #15 · p.1 #15 · Has the 1DIII seen it's best days

What's the fuss? I still use a 5D.

I recently sold my 1DIII and 7D to buy a 1DIV. Basically, I wanted the superior AF of the 1DIII and the higher pixel count of the 7D, in one body, The 1DIV provides that nicely. If I hadn't needed higher pixel count (i.e. cropability), I'd still be using the 1DIII (but not the 7D).

Dec 23, 2011 at 06:37 AM
DennisW1

p.1 #16 · p.1 #16 · Has the 1DIII seen it's best days

Dawei Ye wrote:
I was never a fan of this camera. I have one, but never use it. It's AF is a bit haphazard, but even the IQ isn't that great compared to modern cameras like 5D2. Not talking about high ISO per se, but more things like colour tone etc.

IQ isn't that great? Sorry but I have to disagree strongly, even compared to the holy grail of the 5D2.

As for the AF, if yours had a problem, sending it back to Canon for their fix solves that issue. I've owned 2 MkIII's, am currently selling one, and both of them have been spot-on for AF accuracy. The only issues I've had were caused by the nut behind the wheel.

Every time I hear another "MkIII's AF sucks" rant I just have to laugh......

Dec 24, 2011 at 07:38 PM
RobertLynn
• • • • • •
p.1 #17 · p.1 #17 · Has the 1DIII seen it's best days

Okay...I waited and it seems like this thread is serious, so I've got to seriously laugh.

Since unless the person makes a ton, or their outlet provides it, I'm not seeing many togs with the 1dmark4, that means if they are using 1 series... The ones I'm seeing most are 1d2n and 1d3.

Dec 24, 2011 at 09:56 PM
Jim Victory
• • • • •
p.1 #18 · p.1 #18 · Has the 1DIII seen it's best days

Dawei Ye wrote:

You seriously need to have your MKIII checked out because I have owned both, bad and good, and when it is good it is really good. The colors, IQ, and even high ISO performance are good.

It holds it own against my MKIV, 1DsMKIII, and 5D MKII.

Jim

Dec 24, 2011 at 11:57 PM
Pixel Perfect
• • • • • • •
p.1 #19 · p.1 #19 · Has the 1DIII seen it's best days

Really can't understand complaints about the 1D III, except maybe the low res LCD and slow card writes. It's a better camera in every regard than the already wonderful 1D II I used for over 5 years.
I would not be too upset if the 1D III were my only camera.

Dec 25, 2011 at 03:21 AM
fraga
• • • •
p.1 #20 · p.1 #20 · Has the 1DIII seen it's best days

Amazing IQ.
Very good AF on good copies. Amazing low light focusing abilities, canon's best up to now.

I loved mine and really, really regretted selling it.

Dec 25, 2011 at 07:27 AM
       2       end

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

2       end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.