Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2011 · New 5D mark II stuck shutter?

lionken07
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · New 5D mark II stuck shutter?

Hi all, I just got a new 5D mark II a week ago. Been playing around with it for a few days.
About 50 shots in the shutter got stuck with the mirror up (viewfinder was black). I had to reset the camera for it to return to normal. I'm now at about 250 shots and it hasn't happen again. Should i be worried about this brand new camera? or is that "break-in period" and there is nothing to worry about?

Dec 20, 2011 at 12:47 AM
Jase1125
• •
p.1 #2 · New 5D mark II stuck shutter?

Personally I would exchange it if the store policies allowed me to.

Dec 20, 2011 at 01:42 AM
lionken07
• • •
p.1 #3 · New 5D mark II stuck shutter?

hmmm just found out that my little cousin dropped my 50 1.8 before I mount it on the new 5D II right before it. I wonder if that could cost it... The lens still works...

Dec 20, 2011 at 02:39 AM
snapsy
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #4 · New 5D mark II stuck shutter?

lionken07 wrote:
Hi all, I just got a new 5D mark II a week ago. Been playing around with it for a few days.
About 50 shots in the shutter got stuck with the mirror up (viewfinder was black). I had to reset the camera for it to return to normal. I'm now at about 250 shots and it hasn't happen again. Should i be worried about this brand new camera? or is that "break-in period" and there is nothing to worry about?

Silly question but are you sure you didn't inadvertently enable the mirror lockup mode, which would have been cleared by a full camera reset?

Dec 20, 2011 at 02:52 AM

Search in Used Dept. 

mttran
• • • • •
p.1 #5 · New 5D mark II stuck shutter?

snapsy wrote:
Silly question but are you sure you didn't inadvertently enable the mirror lockup mode, which would have been cleared by a full camera reset?

+1, i did it once myself

Dec 20, 2011 at 03:20 AM
lionken07
• • •
p.1 #6 · New 5D mark II stuck shutter?

no it wasn't the mirror lockup mode. Hmmm I'm at a bit over 500 clicks and everything seems to be fine. I really don't want to return for an exchange since i'd be without a camera for over a week if I do that. I'm hoping it was the 50 1.8 lens that my cousin dropped. I've been using other lenses and it's been working fine.

Dec 20, 2011 at 04:30 AM
Ferrophot
• •
p.1 #7 · New 5D mark II stuck shutter?

Some times my old XTi would lock up if I tried to do too many adjustment/settings too quickly or at once. Switching off for a few seconds always corrected the lockup and in normal operation, move one setting at a time, the camera has never missed a beat.

Dec 21, 2011 at 12:33 PM

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password