Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Post-processing & Printing | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2011 · Spyder3 Print SR - color chart printing Canon 9500 Mk II

Jon Murphy
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Spyder3 Print SR - color chart printing Canon 9500 Mk II

I have recently decided to try and create my own color profiles (ICC) for my printer Canon Pixma 9500 Mark II. Using (Datacolor) Spyder3 Print SR (s/w version 4.2.2) following the instruction the end result are terrible!? All the shadows are blocked and high-lites blown just two extremes no real middle ground (B&W). The software (spyder3) actually shown this in the softproof window, so actually it printed the way it indicated emoticon - smile just not how that sample photo actually looked...

The printing of the chart is done through the Spyder3 software and before printing I am able to go to the printer preferences and change the color matching to none. I did allow the paper/ink (Red River GreenPix Matte) to set for about an hour before reading the color patches. Now if I use the ICC file from RR all is good again.

Is there something I am missing or doing wrong? Any suggestion, corrections or ideas are more than welcomed.

Thanks in advance.

Dec 18, 2011 at 06:31 PM
Jon Murphy
• •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Spyder3 Print SR - color chart printing Canon 9500 Mk II

No one? Are there at least any suggestions on a different system something more accurate, easier to use... something in the sub $400 range?

Dec 19, 2011 at 05:17 PM
WAYCOOL
• • • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Spyder3 Print SR - color chart printing Canon 9500 Mk II

When printing the chart and printing a photo using the resulting profile all settings in the print driver should be exactly the same, kind of paper, printer resolution and color management turned off. If any changes have been made the profile is invalid.

Did you print the sample and go through the steps to find the best paper selection. Try making the profile using the same paper choice as the RR profile. Also with some papers overnight drying before reading the chart is necessary.

The Colormunki is almost as good as the Spyder and easier to read the patches but same care and consistency needs to be used.

Dec 19, 2011 at 05:36 PM
Jon Murphy
• •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Spyder3 Print SR - color chart printing Canon 9500 Mk II

If I remember correctly everything was the same. I created the profile, I use Qimage loaded the profile then printed out one of the B&W samples. Then I printed the image using the profile provided be Red River and all was good.

I will double check to make sure, though...

Thanks

JM

Dec 19, 2011 at 09:24 PM

FM Forums | Post-processing & Printing | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Reset password