New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2011 · 100-400 price question

rprouty
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · 100-400 price question

I don't really need a 100-400 but I had a local offer for a UW date code one in excellent shape for $1000.00....Good deal, okay deal, bad deal

Thanks

Dec 15, 2011 at 06:12 PM
Ian.Dobinson
• • • • • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · 100-400 price question

If you don't really need it then bad deal

Don't know what they go for over there

Dec 15, 2011 at 06:14 PM
Ian.Dobinson
• • • • • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · 100-400 price question

Quick scan of the b&s says around $1200 , so 1k is a good deal if your either going to use it or pass it on at a small profit

Dec 15, 2011 at 06:17 PM
tuantran
• •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · 100-400 price question

If the glass and body are in excellent condition, it's a great price. If you worry about it breaking down and you having to pay for the cost of fixing it, the fix would be about $300.

I was dissecting the lens just for the hell of it and there was a little sand somewhere causing the zoom to feel funny. Lo and behold all the bearings fell to the ground and I lost several bearings. I sent it in to Canon and they gave me a refurbished one for $325 with shipping. The nice thing was that it was better than my old one and sharper too.

Extremely happy.

If you are shooting any crop cameras, the lens hood will work with the 24-70L too so I ended up carrying one hood for both lenses.

Dec 15, 2011 at 06:19 PM

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.