Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2011 · Wireless Remote which will work in MLU mode for 5D MK II

jzucker
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Wireless Remote which will work in MLU mode for 5D MK II

Another very frustrating discovery...In live view, the RC-6 will trigger the shutter but doesn't trigger the pc-sync terminal. VERY BIZARRE...

I guess I need to get the wired remote.I'm just surpised nobody else has a solution to what has to be a common problem.

Edited on Dec 16, 2011 at 02:42 AM · View previous versions

Dec 15, 2011 at 10:15 PM
Ian.Dobinson
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Wireless Remote which will work in MLU mode for 5D MK II

Doesn't the little RC1 do it ?

Dec 15, 2011 at 10:51 PM
jzucker
• • • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Wireless Remote which will work in MLU mode for 5D MK II

Do they still make the rc1? The rc-6 doesn't seem to work.

Dec 15, 2011 at 11:06 PM
jzucker
• • • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Wireless Remote which will work in MLU mode for 5D MK II

Another very frustrating discovery...In live view, the RC-6 will trigger the shutter but doesn't trigger the pc-sync terminal. VERY BIZARRE...

I guess I need to get the wired remote.I'm just surpised nobody else has a solution to what has to be a common problem.

Dec 16, 2011 at 02:42 AM
Ian.Dobinson
• • • • • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Wireless Remote which will work in MLU mode for 5D MK II

jzucker wrote:

I think this is a normal thing and not just the remote. I've read before that when live view the pc sync does not trigger. Try by just using the shutter button.

As for the RC-6 / rc1 . I think they are basically the same thing just repackaged. I havnt used my little rc1 since I got rid of my last rebel (40d and mk2n don't use it) but I think I remember when I used it on a 450D it would trigger the cam when set to mirror lock up. Or I may have been using live view instead of MLU

Dec 16, 2011 at 07:39 AM
jzucker
• • • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Wireless Remote which will work in MLU mode for 5D MK II

Ian.Dobinson wrote:
I think this is a normal thing and not just the remote. I've read before that when live view the pc sync does not trigger. Try by just using the shutter button.

As for the RC-6 / rc1 . I think they are basically the same thing just repackaged. I havnt used my little rc1 since I got rid of my last rebel (40d and mk2n don't use it) but I think I remember when I used it on a 450D it would trigger the cam when set to mirror lock up. Or I may have been using live view
...Show more

part of the reason i'm using live view is for the mirror lockup. I'm shooting macro where i can't use the shutter for movement/focus problems.

I think the rc-1 had a 2 sec option but yeah, you'd think it would be the same...

I also discovered last night the pc sync issue. Additionally, a hot-shoe to pc-sync adapter does not fire. it will fire a canon flash. Maybe i'm going to have to shell out the extra dough for the photix odin system.

Dec 16, 2011 at 11:51 AM
jzucker
• • • •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · Wireless Remote which will work in MLU mode for 5D MK II

FYI - In the online manual I found the setting which allows the flash to sync while in live view mode. Unfortunately, the manual says you need the RC-1 (discontinued) or the mechanical remote to utilize MLU and remote together.

Dec 16, 2011 at 03:56 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

Ian.Dobinson
• • • • • •
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · Wireless Remote which will work in MLU mode for 5D MK II

I pressure the manual was written before the rc6 came out . But you should easily be able to find a used rc1 cheap .

Dec 16, 2011 at 03:58 PM
jzucker
• • • •
p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · Wireless Remote which will work in MLU mode for 5D MK II

Ian.Dobinson wrote:
I pressure the manual was written before the rc6 came out . But you should easily be able to find a used rc1 cheap .

I bought an RC1 clone off amazon. Hopefully it works. Otherwise, I'll look for a used RC1 on ebay.

Dec 16, 2011 at 04:00 PM
omarlyn
• • • •
p.1 #10 · p.1 #10 · Wireless Remote which will work in MLU mode for 5D MK II

Just throwing this out there...I use regular flash remotes (CyberSync's & Pocket Wizards's) to trigger my cameras remotely with a pre-trigger cable. I would think that will work.

Omar

Dec 16, 2011 at 04:04 PM
jzucker
• • • •
p.1 #11 · p.1 #11 · Wireless Remote which will work in MLU mode for 5D MK II

what's a pre-trigger cable? Does that hook into the 3 pin wired remote of the 5d?

Dec 16, 2011 at 04:12 PM
omarlyn
• • • •
p.1 #12 · p.1 #12 · Wireless Remote which will work in MLU mode for 5D MK II

jzucker wrote:
what's a pre-trigger cable? Does that hook into the 3 pin wired remote of the 5d?

Yes, it plugs right into the N3 remote port of the camera. The 'pre-trigger' part is just a switch that keeps the camera shutter in a half pressed condition to keep the camera 'ready'...or you can turn the switch off to save battery power but will slightly delay the trigger time.

Omar

Dec 16, 2011 at 04:22 PM
jzucker
• • • •
p.1 #13 · p.1 #13 · Wireless Remote which will work in MLU mode for 5D MK II

Thanks Omar. However, I just purchased the Phottix Odin wireless flash trigger system so it looks like my hot shoe will be occupied. I don't think they support remote shutter actuation.

Dec 16, 2011 at 05:22 PM

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Reset password