New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Nikon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2011 · SB-910 in Stock at Roberts Distrbution

RJKphoto
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · SB-910 in Stock at Roberts Distrbution

They have 50 them! No one else I called had them.

I just ordered 2 from Nick @ Roberts Distribution. Great service, I highly recommend them

!http://robertscamera.com/sb-910-speedlight.html

Dec 15, 2011 at 02:29 PM
molson
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · SB-910 in Stock at Roberts Distrbution

They're also in stock at The Camera Store in Calgary.

Dec 15, 2011 at 05:21 PM
digitalbug30d
• • • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · SB-910 in Stock at Roberts Distrbution

550.00 for a flash..wtf,I thought 400.00 was over the top.

Edited on Dec 15, 2011 at 09:23 PM · View previous versions

Dec 15, 2011 at 05:25 PM
BenV
• • • • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · SB-910 in Stock at Roberts Distrbution

these damn things keep sky rocketing in price. In 3-4 years time the new flash will be $1000+

Dec 15, 2011 at 06:56 PM
oobie
• • • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · SB-910 in Stock at Roberts Distrbution

My SB800 is still slicing neatly through the mustard. Think I'll hold off for now.

Dec 15, 2011 at 07:01 PM
runamuck
• • • • • •
[X]
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · SB-910 in Stock at Roberts Distrbution

I'm hap;py with what I have, but I am sure Nikon doesn't depend on me for a profit.

Dec 15, 2011 at 08:17 PM
abam
• • • •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · SB-910 in Stock at Roberts Distrbution

i suppose if you need one, you need one.

still, at $550 a pop, it makes me happy to know that the SB-700 will do everything i need for the foreseeable future.

ymmv

Dec 16, 2011 at 06:22 AM
irish-george
• • •
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · SB-910 in Stock at Roberts Distrbution

So, save $200 and buy a Metz 58AF1n -- Nikon will catch on eventually. It is absurd to pay more for a hot shoe flash than for a studio ringlight (Alien Bees).

Dec 16, 2011 at 06:46 AM
RJKphoto
• • •
p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · SB-910 in Stock at Roberts Distrbution

What a bunch of Scrooge's...Humbug to you all!

A studio light should be LESS than a speedlight! The only downside I see to speedlights is limited power, but with digital camera's that's not much of an issue anymore. Hi-speed sync, iTTL, transportability, these all make the small flash much more appealing to me. And now that they won't shut down in the heat of a session...well I'm in.

I'm glad Paul C Buff puts his money into engineering, but the build quality is abysmal IMHO.

Take alook at Broncolor prices. Now THAT'S ridiculous.

Dec 16, 2011 at 06:55 AM
molson
• • • • • • •
p.1 #10 · p.1 #10 · SB-910 in Stock at Roberts Distrbution

RJKphoto wrote:
I'm glad Paul C Buff puts his money into engineering, but the build quality is abysmal IMHO.

Does he put the money into engineering, or into his pocket?

Dec 16, 2011 at 10:29 AM
RJKphoto
• • •
p.1 #11 · p.1 #11 · SB-910 in Stock at Roberts Distrbution

Well since he does a lot of the engineering, I guess the answer is "both"

Dec 16, 2011 at 01:17 PM
Steve Beck
• • •
p.1 #12 · p.1 #12 · SB-910 in Stock at Roberts Distrbution

I love my Nikon stuff. They are getting carried away with their "eleetist" pricing. I'll stick my my. 900 and 700's.. Once they don't make a flash under 400 bucks I'll buy a Metz or sigma..

Dec 16, 2011 at 01:56 PM
ryankarr
• • •
p.1 #13 · p.1 #13 · SB-910 in Stock at Roberts Distrbution

I'm waiting for the hard snap on filters to be available to purchase seperately. The Nikon website says they'll work on the SB-900 as well.

Dec 16, 2011 at 01:57 PM
irish-george
• • •
p.1 #14 · p.1 #14 · SB-910 in Stock at Roberts Distrbution

RJKphoto wrote:
A studio light should be LESS than a speedlight! The only downside I see to speedlights is limited power, but with digital camera's that's not much of an issue anymore. Hi-speed sync, iTTL, transportability, these all make the small flash much more appealing to me. And now that they won't shut down in the heat of a session...well I'm in.

If what matters to you is transportability, then a Yugo should be worth a lot more than a Bentley, too.
Nikon's little plastic speedlites are getting into the lower part of my Bowens' price realm, but without the power, or the build quality, or the cooling fan, or the modelling light (proportional, of course). Of course (as you point out) the little plastic hot-shoe flashes are highly transportable, battery powered, and offer rear curtain sync. I own and use both, but the profit margin on the little speedlites has to be astronomical...the components are cheap (SMT) and the assembly process is easily automated.
FWIW, the example in my original post wasn't about build quality (I've never seen or used any Paul Buff products), but about the TYPE of flash...a studio ringlight, the most expensive to build because of the specialty, curved Xenon tubes...and, yet, the 910 costs MORE than that. Yikes!
As long as Nikon has willing customers to buy products at whatever price they demand, prices will go up (even though it is an electronic product and throughout history ALL electronic products have come DOWN in price over time).

Dec 16, 2011 at 03:35 PM
RJKphoto
• • •
p.1 #15 · p.1 #15 · SB-910 in Stock at Roberts Distrbution

All I can say is don't buy any George. The Nikon speedlights are much better built than anything PCB makes. And given the choice, I'd take a Yugo over a Bentley...

Dec 17, 2011 at 02:46 PM
Michael.Carr
• •
p.1 #16 · p.1 #16 · SB-910 in Stock at Roberts Distrbution

Gosh, a 910....where have I been?

~Michael~

Dec 18, 2011 at 05:31 PM

FM Forums | Nikon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.