Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2011 · Alternate to LensCoat camo for lens?

Rich Swanner
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Alternate to LensCoat camo for lens?

Not the type with the plastic Peter was joking about or the wrap kind....Thanks ...Rich

Dec 15, 2011 at 05:59 AM
Depp
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Alternate to LensCoat camo for lens?

Gaffer's tape if you really feel the need...

Remember the popularity of car or truck hood bras back in the day...more then a few times I checked one out on a car,I would lift the edge and look under it to see how it was effecting the finish and paint.There would be a line just under the edge where the finish was hazed from dust and dirt debris.Inspecting further in,more often then not the paint would be lifting because of the trapped moisture.

Take a lens out in the weather and bring it in a house or a vehicle,condensation starts happening instantly...I don't think I want the condensation trapped between a lens coat and the lens.

Probably like you and more then a few,I detest camo...everywhere you look these days you see camo...from trucks to boats,from clothing to lunch buckets...yuk...granted camo might have it's place in certain situations...but I really don't understand the public infatuation with camo...bunch of sheep following the flock ...

Dec 15, 2011 at 02:05 PM
johnip
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Alternate to LensCoat camo for lens?

Doesn't Lenscoat make them in white and black?

Dec 15, 2011 at 10:58 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

Jo Dilbeck
• • • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Alternate to LensCoat camo for lens?

I personally have LensCoats on my 300 F2.8, 100-400 and 70-200 F2.8 IS II. I have very small hands and the lenscoat helps me old onto the lens without it slipping. And, I just feel safer that way, protecting the lens from minor dings and scratches. I can't imagine that any humidity would make it look that bad, but I have no real experience in that as I pretty much shoot in moderate temperature ranges and rarely in rain.

Dec 15, 2011 at 11:43 PM
Rich Swanner
• • • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Alternate to LensCoat camo for lens?

I like the Realtree camo from LensCoat . I am looking for a less expensive version. I have one for my 400 f/5.6L, but at $89.95 for the 70-200mm f/2.8L IS II, I am not sure I want it at the price.....Rich

Dec 16, 2011 at 06:47 AM
normsmith
• • • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Alternate to LensCoat camo for lens?

johnip wrote:
Doesn't Lenscoat make them in white and black?

Yes, I have white.
Norm

Dec 16, 2011 at 11:22 AM

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Reset password