Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | General Gear-talk | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2011 · Capture Clip or Cotton Carrier or Spider or ??? Which is ...

sarahjanegilbe

Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Capture Clip or Cotton Carrier or Spider or ??? Which is best for a woman with 2 cams?

Hi, there hope someone can help.

Just got my canon 70-200 last month and now am wondering if its too much! usually have to hike a bit with my clients to get the right scenic. the weight of the canon is killing me.

should say that i am a woman 5'1, normal build i guess ha ha. have a 5d mrk 2 and 24-70 too on my other camů40d

its summer here now (down in oz) and a backpack just adds to the heat and sweat. (not so good for a lady photog to be all sweaty in front of the clients!!!

so am hoping to find some way to carry my stuff without a heavy bag and already know (experience!) that two cams on my neck is a fuss

so heres the saw a link on some site showing the CC. dont remember which one. just remember the letters. but everyone says their the best. anyone tried them all? someone close to my size please.

i think all three hitch to a belt so would need that too. more confusion. do i go with lowpro or the cotton belt . is is more comfy having two cams on each hip even with the diff in weight?

if i have to climb over rocks and things is my cam safer with the spider because it has more metal? but then everything hangs upside down. not sure that is the best way

so guess thats it. just want something comfy and safe for my cams. am i asking too much? hahha

Thanks!

Dec 14, 2011 at 01:45 PM
llostagin

p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Capture Clip or Cotton Carrier or Spider or ??? Which is best for a woman with 2 cams?

I have the complete Cotton system plus since it came out, the spyder, and a couple others. There has been several improvements/upgrades that the company eother sent me or there was a minmal charge.
I like the Cotton when I am in travel mode 90% of the time. I have D3,s hanging from my chest and hip. Takes awhile to get comfy with them, however it seems to take a lot less effort as the weight is better distributed.
Once I am shooting the hip/belt unit is fine, the chest mount seems in the way. I do not like any strap that allows the bodies to swing, RR and such are OK when I'm not moving quickly. I tend to use two Cotton hookups on one belt when at an event or such.
Hope that helps, they are kind of like that perfect camera bag that doesn't exist. Cheers

Dec 14, 2011 at 02:14 PM
Glenn Kendall
• •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Capture Clip or Cotton Carrier or Spider or ??? Which is best for a woman with 2 cams?

MY wife, who is 5'4", has and likes the CC.

Dec 14, 2011 at 05:31 PM
marcy45
• •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Capture Clip or Cotton Carrier or Spider or ??? Which is best for a woman with 2 cams?

I am 5'7" use the cotton carrier a lot - great system - even have hiked for short distance with my 400 5.6 on the tripod foot - I added the Click Elite sport pack for my back pack you can carry the 70-200 2.8 is ( I usually put it in the pack) plus other stuff and have the 24-105 attached to my MK IV - while I hike -
I like it because I can use my walking sticks to help steady my self if climbing up or down

Dec 15, 2011 at 04:57 AM

Search in Used Dept. 

JohnJ80
• • • • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Capture Clip or Cotton Carrier or Spider or ??? Which is best for a woman with 2 cams?

I have both the capture clip and the cotton carrier. for the application you describe the cotton carrier is the right choice.

J.

Dec 22, 2011 at 03:02 AM
anthonysemone
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Capture Clip or Cotton Carrier or Spider or ??? Which is best for a woman with 2 cams?

Cotton Carrier here if I'm off-road, on the trail, or moving through congested urban streets. Excellent weight distribution with D700/80-200 af-d.

Dec 26, 2011 at 06:07 PM
whtrbt7
• •
Account locked
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · Capture Clip or Cotton Carrier or Spider or ??? Which is best for a woman with 2 cams?

I'm reviving this thread a bit since Capture just released some new plates and I'm wondering how/if people are using them. Specifically, I prefer using Manfrotto RC2 plates and Capture Camera Clip released a new DUALPlate which supports RC2 and Arca Swiss. Anyone know if I can use the clip with a Think Tank Steroid belt in the vertical position or does it have to be horizontal? I've already got SpiderPro clips for my cameras but I'm thinking that I might be able to sprint faster with the Capture clip.

Dec 13, 2012 at 08:28 PM

FM Forums | General Gear-talk | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password