New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

end

Archive 2011 · Saving Skills, Bankroll Management and Canon Upgrade Syndrome

Arun Gupta
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.2 #1 · p.2 #1 · Saving Skills, Bankroll Management and Canon Upgrade Syndrome

I put the coins in my pocket at the end of each day into a bottle, and when they've accumulated, I use that to finance a photography purchase.

Dec 15, 2011 at 03:30 PM
Jeff Nolten
• • • •
p.2 #2 · p.2 #2 · Saving Skills, Bankroll Management and Canon Upgrade Syndrome

janmcn wrote:
We don't spend money on clothes, eating out, entertaining, etc. Just money for travel, 'puter gear, and photo stuff…

+1
We retired the beginning of last year, but have always fed our 401ks to the maximum, we live in a small house and our newest car is over 10 years old. I'm also a died in the wool doit-your-selfer so I do almost all our repairs and maintenance, but

Dirty Harry:
Man gotta know his limitations.

with this. With my tools, computers, and camera equipment I've tried to buy just one or two items a year and I've always tried to buy the best I can afford and make it last. I'm sure hoping that the megapixel wars are over so I can stick with the cameras I have. If so, there are only two lenses left on my wish list. The 135f2 may be this years Christmas gift. The other is the 500f4 so

jstephens62 wrote:
I would suggest renting the next thing you are lusting for. I have tried that for several lenses, and after playing for a week my CUS settles down, and I send them back without regret. It doesn't always work though, with the 500 f4 I bought right after renting.

It also costs about $500 to rent that sucker for a week and they sell used for only $1000 less than new and the MkII will be $4000 more. Egad. So if I decide for that one my only excuse will have to be

AaronNegro wrote:
I'm rich I don't care

Dec 15, 2011 at 04:20 PM
15Bit
• • • • •
p.2 #3 · p.2 #3 · Saving Skills, Bankroll Management and Canon Upgrade Syndrome

I'm waiting for prices to come down a bit so i can part-ex the wife for a 70-200mm mk2. That way i get a nice new lens and remove the primary obstacle to buying more nice new lenses....

Edited on Dec 15, 2011 at 04:34 PM · View previous versions

Dec 15, 2011 at 04:32 PM
PetKal
• • • • • • •
p.2 #4 · p.2 #4 · Saving Skills, Bankroll Management and Canon Upgrade Syndrome

Some people seem to have real distorted views on the best way to finance acquisition of gears.

Let me set you straight here: marry a well off and/or a hard working woman. Then, stimulate-motivate her to buy you stuff with her money.

Dec 15, 2011 at 04:32 PM
Jefferson
• • • • •
p.2 #5 · p.2 #5 · Saving Skills, Bankroll Management and Canon Upgrade Syndrome

I'm planing on unloading the Hubble on Buy & Sell...then using the profit to purchase the Canon 500 f/4L II, 85 f/1.2L, 35 f/1.4L II (soon), 400 f/2.8L II, 2 EOS 1DXs...

...I'll pay for the shipping to set up Hubble in current location

Jefferson

Dec 15, 2011 at 04:59 PM
AaronNegro
• • •
p.2 #6 · p.2 #6 · Saving Skills, Bankroll Management and Canon Upgrade Syndrome

In my case I only have a few targets: (since I'm going all prime)

1-Canon next 5D version with whatever they put in and fair AF improvements (however they'll call it)
2-Canon 200 2.8L
3-Canon 24L
4-Sony NEX 7 plus couple of small standard primes. (I tend to leave the DSLR gear home lately due its weight)

Not asking the moon, just a fair setup yet I do not seem to make it

Dec 19, 2011 at 05:11 PM
       end

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.