New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Post-processing & Printing | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2011 · Epson 3800 cleaning

J4644
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Epson 3800 cleaning

Hi,

I have an Epson 3800 printer. As you know, it has 9 ink cartridges in total. When I do a cleaning cycle, I get 8 sections of the wavy lines. Questions: Does this 8 section clogging status include all 9 inks ( matte black also ) ? Do I have to switch over to the matte black ink and then run the clean cycle to see the status of that cartridge? Or does the first wavy section share the status of both matte black and photo black cartridges?

As always your input will be appreciated.

Thanks,

Jim

Dec 13, 2011 at 06:33 AM
HerbChong
• • • • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Epson 3800 cleaning

the cleaning test sheet prints all inks for the current type of paper, i.e. if you have matte paper selected the only the black ink for matte paper gets used.

Herb...

Dec 13, 2011 at 03:01 PM
J4644
• • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Epson 3800 cleaning

Herb,

Thanks. Just to be sure, sounds like I have to select a fine art paper, such as watercolor or any paper type that switches over to matte black and run the cleaning with the matte black ink cartridge activated to check the status of that particular cartridge.

I will do so as soon as I can.

Jim

Dec 13, 2011 at 03:54 PM
alanS
• • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Epson 3800 cleaning

the cleaning cycle makes sure the print head is free of clogs. when you switch inks you waste ink asn it clears the line of 1 black ink to switch to the other black ink. You should not need to switch inks to make sure the print head is free of clogs.

Dec 14, 2011 at 06:21 PM
J4644
• • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Epson 3800 cleaning

Alan,

Thanks for the information.

Jim

Dec 15, 2011 at 07:37 AM
cbbm

p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Epson 3800 cleaning

jim, just want to make sure one thing with you, it is not very likely you get all colors clogged at the same time, other than waste ink in clean cycles, you may want to clean up the print head too by following different method
http://www.inkrepublic.com/KnowledgeBase/Unclog3800-3880.asp
you surely can google similar approach or contact Arthur on epson forum for more information.

Dec 16, 2011 at 07:29 PM

FM Forums | Post-processing & Printing | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.