Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Post-processing & Printing | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2011 · Compatible Inks for Epson R2400

KimL
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · Compatible Inks for Epson R2400

I've purchased the Epson K3 inks exclusively for my R2400 and have had good luck with ordering them from Genuine Brand Supplies. The price is going up though and I noticed now they're offering a "100% Compatible" ink cartridge at a $2.51 per cartridge savings ($10.04 vs $12.55 for genuine Epson).

http://www.genuinebrandsupplies.com/product/EPSON-STYLUS-PHOTO-R2400-INK-CARTIDGE-CYAN/T059220/35879

Has anybody ever used alternative cartridges in the R2400 and were you satisfied with the results or had any problems because of them? Would appreciate any help. Thanks

Dec 12, 2011 at 11:23 PM
gipper53

p.1 #2 · Compatible Inks for Epson R2400

Never heard much on that brand, at that price not much cheaper than Epson ink. Quality 3rd party ink can be had from several makers. I'm using a CIS from Inkjetfly on my R2400 and have had excellent results. They may refillable cartridges and continuous systems and are very popular among 3rd party ink users. The ink alone cost $140 for a set with 100ml of each color, which is about 8 sets of cartridges. Inkrepublic and Cone Ink (Inkjetmall) are two other well respected brands in 3rd party ink.

None of these brands are as cheap as ebay or generic no-name inks, but are substantially cheaper than Epson. I would stick with one of the 3 companies above as they have a proven track record. Keep in mind you will need to have custom ICC profiles made to get accurate colors from any 3rd party system. Some offer their own profiles for certain papers, or you need a device like a Color Munki to make your own.

Dec 15, 2011 at 05:45 AM
cbbm

p.1 #3 · Compatible Inks for Epson R2400

The only few good ink sources that I always recommend are
1. Inkrepublic
2. Inkjetmall
both have excellent pigment inks for R2400. The IRK4-nano inks from inkrepublic has been reviewed by a group of people on different forums and it's by far the most outstanding inks in terms of glossiness, longevity and smell. The inkjetfly might have good inks too to mix both dye and pigment together in their 2400 inks to boost up the gamut and colors but it's clearly suffering some clogging problem from time to time, especially on 3800 printer, from what I read online. Not sure about 2400 printer which has different print head and cartridge design than 3800.

I also believe some one actually found a way to get the Epson 4800 inks out of carts and load them to inkrepublic's r2400 empty CIS. I read the long post before but could not find it now. it's been working great for him I think, at least he is very happy with the epson's inks with much lower cost.

Dec 16, 2011 at 10:02 PM
KimL
• •
p.1 #4 · Compatible Inks for Epson R2400

Thanks folks for your input. I don't print huge quantities so I don't know if a continuous system would be the way to go in my case but would have to study more about it. Will certainly check out your recommendations though. Thanks again.

Dec 18, 2011 at 04:18 AM
anthonygh
• • •
p.1 #5 · Compatible Inks for Epson R2400

You could buy refillable carts and use those instead of a CIS...I do that with a R800.

I used German OCP bulk ink. It is possible to buy the larger Epson pro carts and decant the ink into refillable carts, but that would still be expensive. Cheap carts probably contain dye ink so keep that in mind.

I have a R2880 that I use mainly for B+W prints....I am thinking of using bulk black inks and sticking to OEM colours. It's a new printer and still on the original ink (just) so will need to sort something soon.

Dec 18, 2011 at 10:58 AM

FM Forums | Post-processing & Printing | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password