New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Nikon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2011 · Flash advice, please

lycale
• •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Flash advice, please

I have a choice of purchasing a Sb-600 flash or the newer Sb 700 to use with my Nikon D7000. What is supposed to be better about the SB-700? Is it worth the extra money? Thanks so much in advance.

Dec 12, 2011 at 06:03 PM
Chris Court
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Flash advice, please

The 700 has an improved control layout, and also has the capacity to act as a master for other flash units.

Basically, if the cost difference doesn't bother you, the 700 is the one to go for.

C

Dec 12, 2011 at 06:17 PM
Mishu01
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Flash advice, please

SB 700 is the way to go. It is very user friendly and treat intelligently the overheat issue. Also the commander feature is good to have. One extra thing... it offers a much better solution for color modifiers...

Dec 12, 2011 at 06:31 PM
LLondon
• • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Flash advice, please

Have 2 600 The user interface sucks. Get the 700 just because of the better UI.

Dec 12, 2011 at 06:42 PM
lara_ckl
• • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Flash advice, please

Your D7000 can function as a commander unit. Big diff is, as others have mentioned, the user interface. If you use flash heavily and regularly, you can get used to the SB600's menu system. If you use the flash occasionally, you are going to forget how to navigate the SB600's menus.

Dec 12, 2011 at 07:09 PM
NathanHamler
• • • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Flash advice, please

If you dont use CLS, then no point in getting an sb-700 at all....i use my sb-600's a LOT, more than my sb-800 as of lately...i seriously have delved into the 600's menu like one time, to set the stand-by function, and since then i haven't touched any menus....the flash does what i want...use it as an on camera flash with AF assist in manual mode (RARELY ttl), and then as an off camera flash in manual mode....the fact alone that the sb-600 can be had for close to half the price of the sb-700, is worth it to me......but it's all in what you want...if i DID shoot cls, i'd prob use the sb-700 too...but i dont...

Dec 13, 2011 at 10:56 AM

FM Forums | Nikon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.