Home · Register · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username  

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

end

Archive 2011 · can anybody diagnose this?

krementz
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.2 #1 · p.2 #1 · can anybody diagnose this?

If the image is still OK on the camera (reading from the card), the card is not at fault.

deebo7 wrote:
well in camera the image looks fine. PC is pretty new, so i doubt its that.
i have a feeling after a few reformats the card wont give me any issues, but if it does ill update this thread.

thanks for all the help guys

Dec 14, 2011 at 12:19 PM
Access
• • •
p.2 #2 · p.2 #2 · can anybody diagnose this?

krementz wrote:
If the image is still OK on the camera (reading from the card), the card is not at fault.

If re-importing it doesn't work, try opening it up in Irfanview or a few other viewers. Maybe it somehow ended up with an erroneous parameter or some other abnormality that causes lightroom to choke, but that doesn't affect the in-camera viewer(?) So it may or may not affect other viewers, also.

If you get more like this, perhaps something is wrong with the camera? Check the firmware version, etc.

Dec 14, 2011 at 12:50 PM
RobertLynn
• • • • • •
p.2 #3 · p.2 #3 · can anybody diagnose this?

I had the same thing happen about 4 times between various cards.
Whenever I had a suspect, I would isolate the card. The chances of me having four bad cards is not very high.
I reformatted and used the cards on not "critical" jobs.

They performed just fine. So recently, a card that never did this, produced a similar file.

For shit and giggles I took the card, put it back into the reader, and instead of using LR to import, I start--->computer---->removable dEvices---->drive k: and manually drug the suspect file over. Opened it in bridge, and photoshop. Sure enough, file was absolutely fine.

So I went into computer--->pictures--->2011--->11-10-2011 and pulled the file that LR imported, and put it in bridge/ps. The Jpg preview was fine...the image in acr was not.

So I deleted the corrupt file from LR. Imported the file from my desktop...file is fine.

My guess is LR screwed the pooch, or my card reader is shitting the bed.

Dec 14, 2011 at 01:06 PM
rscheffler
• • • • • •
p.2 #4 · p.2 #4 · can anybody diagnose this?

Another vote to reimport using a different card reader and/or software (if you use software to import).

Dec 14, 2011 at 06:59 PM
jchin
• • • •
p.2 #5 · p.2 #5 · can anybody diagnose this?

Test the card.

Before I use any new card, I always test it first; by filling the card with known good files from the HD then binary compare (byte-by-byte) the ones on the card with those on the HD. There should be no differences. I format the card and test it a 2nd time just to be sure. Can't take a chance of experimenting on a new card at a shoot.

Dec 14, 2011 at 09:12 PM
EB-1
• • • • • • •
p.2 #6 · p.2 #6 · can anybody diagnose this?

jchin wrote:
Test the card.

Before I use any new card, I always test it first; by filling the card with known good files from the HD then binary compare (byte-by-byte) the ones on the card with those on the HD. There should be no differences. I format the card and test it a 2nd time just to be sure. Can't take a chance of experimenting on a new card at a shoot.

Yes it is imperative to test a new card. I do something like that several times.

EBH

Dec 14, 2011 at 09:40 PM
RobertLynn
• • • • • •
p.2 #7 · p.2 #7 · can anybody diagnose this?

It appears that you, me and this guy weren't the only ones getting this problem.
https://www.fredmiranda.com/forum/topic/1059905

Dec 14, 2011 at 10:31 PM
       end

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.