New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Post-processing & Printing | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2011 · Printing os x lion

Peter_A
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Printing os x lion

Upgraded my Mac running Lion and trying to get my Epsom 7600 going. I've downloaded the latest drivers and installed. When printing from Photoshop in the printer dialog I don't see a way to turn off color management on the printer.

Dec 11, 2011 at 08:55 PM
Dougo
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Printing os x lion

Hi Peter,

I had a similar problem with my Epson 3800 when I had to upgrade to Lion when my 24" iMac died.
I upgraded to the newest driver and I found colour management and the Advanced B&W driver were unavailable.

I totally deleted the printers and the drivers from system preferences and the Library and installed the old driver from Snow Leopard and everything works fine now.

I hope this helps.

Cheers Ray

Dec 12, 2011 at 12:17 AM
tomrock
• • • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Printing os x lion

I had to do something similar with my 3880 when I upgraded to Lion but it didn't involve using an old driver. I think I just deleted the printer in System Preferences and added it after installing the new driver.

Dec 12, 2011 at 06:36 AM
Peter_A
• •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Printing os x lion

I figure there's got to be some work around so I'll keep Looking...

Dec 12, 2011 at 04:01 PM
Peter_A
• •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Printing os x lion

I figured out the issue. I'm using CS3 on lion and also downloaded the latest drivers for my Epson 7600. The problem I'm seeing is even though I set photoshop to control the profile the prints come out very dark, even though I'm using profiles that worked on my old Mac and the print is one i've done before. So I figured whats probably happening is that the os or driver is using a double profile. Photoshop converting first then the driver a second time to the default paper profile value.

So I did a test by setting photoshop to let the printer control the profile and set colorsync to use my original custom printer profile and the image printed fine. Not sure which is to blame CS3 or the print driver.

Dec 13, 2011 at 06:24 PM
Alan321
• • • • • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Printing os x lion

I've resisted the urge the to upgrade to Lion because of issues like this, which generally seem to be a low priority for Apple as photographers are not their main customer group. The Canon drivers for my 24-inch printer should have been updated by now (they were scheduled for November 2011) but it's been quite a while since I've had a chance to print anything, which certainly simplified matters for me

I think that in some cases the usual 8-bit printing works ok but if you want to benefit from the less common 16-bit printing then updated drivers are more critical. Sometimes there is a need to upgrade in a specific sequence to make things work (e.g. software before OS, or vice versa). Other times you just have to wait for Apple and the software vendor to see who comes out with the solution first. In the worst case there is no work around in the interim.

At least you're good to go now.

- Alan

Dec 17, 2011 at 12:00 AM
Jeff Donald
• • • •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · Printing os x lion

Alan321 wrote:
I've resisted the urge the to upgrade to Lion because of issues like this, which generally seem to be a low priority for Apple as photographers are not their main customer group.

How would this be an Apple issue? Canon, Epson and everyone else had years to make their software fully Intel processor compliant. It's Canon and the rest that gave it a low priority and now the photographers that bought their products are inconvenienced.

Dec 19, 2011 at 12:01 AM

FM Forums | Post-processing & Printing | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.