Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

  New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  

FM Forums | Nikon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

  

Archive 2011 · Nikon 16-35mm f/4 shines!
  
 
supermario343
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · Nikon 16-35mm f/4 shines!


After owning this lens for a week, I just wanted to say it rocks. It really is crazy sharp and I am using it on a D7000. Below are a few images ive shot with it and im amazed everytime i use it. Anyone else feel the same way?



mother nature- winter edition but no snow by mariosworld343, on Flickr


snowy waters by mariosworld343, on Flickr


flowing water by mariosworld343, on Flickr



Dec 11, 2011 at 10:10 PM
trenchmonkey
Offline
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #2 · Nikon 16-35mm f/4 shines!


No, much prefer the 17-55 f2.8...but as long as you're happy.


Dec 11, 2011 at 10:14 PM
skxogus
Offline

Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #3 · Nikon 16-35mm f/4 shines!


Those are some amazing photos!!.. Though I wish not to go off topic, I must ask. Have you had any experience with the 20/2.8d? I'm looking for a wide angle lens for an fx camera and am stuck between 17-35, 16-35 and the small and light 20/2.8. Just wanted to hear your experience leading up to you finding and loving the 16-35.


Dec 12, 2011 at 04:05 AM
supermario343
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #4 · Nikon 16-35mm f/4 shines!


skxogus wrote:
Those are some amazing photos!!.. Though I wish not to go off topic, I must ask. Have you had any experience with the 20/2.8d? I'm looking for a wide angle lens for an fx camera and am stuck between 17-35, 16-35 and the small and light 20/2.8. Just wanted to hear your experience leading up to you finding and loving the 16-35.


Thank you! Never tried the 20mm lens...I searched around for a lot of wide angles lenses and I wanted to get one that would be FX compatible. I use to own the tokina 11-16mm but I sold it to fund this lens. I will be upgrading to fx soon and the 16-35mm was an easy choice. I didnt care too much for the 17-35mm being 2.8 bc I mostly always use my tripod for landscapes. And so now if i dont have it, I have the VR of the 16-35mm to assist. Hope that helps!



Dec 12, 2011 at 05:15 AM
Creative Edge
Offline
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #5 · Nikon 16-35mm f/4 shines!


I went from the 17-35 to the 16-35 and have no regrets....
Both are excellent pieces of glass..



Dec 12, 2011 at 01:13 PM
r.gil
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #6 · Nikon 16-35mm f/4 shines!


supermario
I'm with you that's one of the sharpest lens nikon makes



Dec 12, 2011 at 05:35 PM
Sambru
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #7 · Nikon 16-35mm f/4 shines!


trenchmonkey wrote:
No, much prefer the 17-55 f2.8...but as long as you're happy.


Not surprised you are a 2.8 junkie but then again so am I I bought this lens(just because) and I actually really like it, with the D700 it works majic.



Dec 13, 2011 at 02:28 AM
OccAeon
Offline
• •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #8 · Nikon 16-35mm f/4 shines!


Wow, I like the first and last pics. Nice.


Dec 13, 2011 at 04:14 AM
supermario343
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #9 · Nikon 16-35mm f/4 shines!


OccAeon wrote:
Wow, I like the first and last pics. Nice.


Thank you!



Dec 13, 2011 at 04:18 AM
 

Search in Used Dept. 



runamuck
Online
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #10 · Nikon 16-35mm f/4 shines!


Is that a submarine periscope in the third picture? It sure looks unreal. If it's a pipe, why isn't water flowing from it?

Meanwhile, I'm really happy with my 17-50. Those are nice shots.



Dec 13, 2011 at 04:25 AM
supermario343
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #11 · Nikon 16-35mm f/4 shines!


runamuck wrote:
Is that a submarine periscope in the third picture? It sure looks unreal. If it's a pipe, why isn't water flowing from it?

Meanwhile, I'm really happy with my 17-50. Those are nice shots.


Lol no its just a local forest preserve where it has a small waterfall by a bridge. There's not much water pouring from it but there is some. Thanks for the comments



Dec 13, 2011 at 04:46 AM
Mescalamba
Offline
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #12 · Nikon 16-35mm f/4 shines!


You should probably post on web in sRGB, not ProPhoto RGB (thats actually intended for post-processing/printing only), except for FireFox with enabled color profiles it looks really wierd.

Btw. it looks really sharp, seems as good lens (and VR is always handy).



Dec 13, 2011 at 04:57 AM
supermario343
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #13 · Nikon 16-35mm f/4 shines!


Mescalamba wrote:
You should probably post on web in sRGB, not ProPhoto RGB (thats actually intended for post-processing/printing only), except for FireFox with enabled color profiles it looks really wierd.

Btw. it looks really sharp, seems as good lens (and VR is always handy).


My CS5 is set to sRGB hmm...the colors look diff. to you?



Dec 13, 2011 at 05:09 AM
Mescalamba
Offline
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #14 · Nikon 16-35mm f/4 shines!


Yes it does, those JPEGs you posted are tagged with ProPhoto RGB.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/16848360@N02/6494898125/meta/in/photostream/

Scroll a bit down "ICCProfile Name ProPhoto RGB".



Dec 14, 2011 at 02:12 PM
supermario343
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #15 · Nikon 16-35mm f/4 shines!


Mescalamba wrote:
Yes it does, those JPEGs you posted are tagged with ProPhoto RGB.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/16848360@N02/6494898125/meta/in/photostream/

Scroll a bit down "ICCProfile Name ProPhoto RGB".



Any ideas on how I would change that? lol All I do is upload it to flickr....I wonder if it's their website that changes that aspect.



Dec 14, 2011 at 03:04 PM
Mescalamba
Offline
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #16 · Nikon 16-35mm f/4 shines!


Well, you must saved it like that. After export from Photoshop/Lightroom or which kind SW you use. And no, flickr doesnt change this.

Im usually using "Save for web" in Photoshop and selecting sRGB, or saving just without ICC profile. You can convert profile there too, if you wish.



Dec 15, 2011 at 06:35 PM
beshannon
Offline
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #17 · Nikon 16-35mm f/4 shines!


I love my 16-35 on my D700


Dec 15, 2011 at 06:38 PM





FM Forums | Nikon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

    
 

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password