New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Post-processing & Printing | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2011 · Printer upgrade?

jstephens62
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Printer upgrade?

For years I have used my Epson 1400 for printing. I don't print a lot, but I do several a month for shots that I hang on the wall and some for friends. I have been pleased with its performance, but I realize that it is a pretty basic printer, and I wonder what I am missing. I admit to being a gear-head, so I worry that a new printer would be a solution looking for a problem, just another excuse to spend money. I have a better sense of what a professional quality body or lens would do for me than a better printer. Any advice?

Dec 10, 2011 at 12:31 PM
Daboyle
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Printer upgrade?

got a Canon pix. pro 9000mk2. I dont know how well your printer prints images, but mine does outstanding job. Keep in mind, to get the best out of your printer, you need to have a good calibrated monitor, as well as a good calibration system for your printer, and good paper to feed the printer. I use Adorama house brand paper (projet) and it works awesome.

Mine also can print CD's. In fact tonight, I was printing a bunch of CD's for clients and thought to myself how cool of a feature it is, that helps define me as a professional and is something unique for the client. well worth it's cost for that feature alone.

The good news? You can get a Pixma pro 9000mk2 for dirt cheap on craigslist. Like 150-200 brand spanking new. It's because canon offers rebates on the printers (essentially making them free) and people buy them in a bundle deal and then cut the UPC for the rebate and sell the printer to make a little more off em.

I get my ink from LD products and have yet to have issues with them for non oem stuff.

Dec 11, 2011 at 03:24 AM
jstephens62
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Printer upgrade?

Thanks! Mine prints on CD's too and I like that feature, would probably keep it if I upgrade just for that.

Dec 12, 2011 at 12:17 PM

FM Forums | Post-processing & Printing | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.