Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

3       end

Archive 2011 · POSITIVE OUTCOME FED EX issue!

Sharona
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.2 #1 · p.2 #1 · POSITIVE OUTCOME FED EX issue!

Thanks bcguy. But again, as "the shipper" I can assure you I did all I could to get this packed well and to my buyer - and at the time of shipping, no questions at Fe Ex were raised. I could not care less about hassles on my end, but I do have a buyer expecting a lens and as a seller, this bums me out.

Dec 11, 2011 at 04:43 AM
BrianO
• • • • •
p.2 #2 · p.2 #2 · POSITIVE OUTCOME FED EX issue!

Sharona wrote:
...I could not care less about hassles on my end, but I do have a buyer expecting a lens and as a seller, this bums me out.

Hopefully your buyer will have a little patience, and all will work out in the end. Life's an on-going learning process.

Slow deep breaths...happy thoughts...etc.

Dec 11, 2011 at 09:55 AM
Sharona
• • • •
p.2 #3 · p.2 #3 · POSITIVE OUTCOME FED EX issue!

BrianO wrote:
Hopefully your buyer will have a little patience, and all will work out in the end. Life's an on-going learning process.

Slow deep breaths...happy thoughts...etc.

Thanks Brian!

Dec 11, 2011 at 02:10 PM
Sharona
• • • •
p.2 #4 · p.2 #4 · POSITIVE OUTCOME FED EX issue!

UPDATE: Poodlelover wins the prize. It has ORMD on the box somewhere. Don't ask me where. They insist that they must return it to me and I must repackage and reship it. It LOOKS like Fed ex will refund me the shipping, given that I wasn't told at the time of shipping that the box was problematic. We shall see if that happens. I will let you know. Cheers....

Dec 12, 2011 at 09:01 PM
jaybird555
• • •
p.2 #5 · p.2 #5 · POSITIVE OUTCOME FED EX issue!

panos.v wrote:
Look at this way, if you worked for FedEx and were presented with a "big bang Chinese firecrackers 100x" box that was "obviously repurposed" would you:
1. be allowed to open it to inspect it?
2. actually want to open it to inspect it?
3. accept responsibility for loading it on an airplane based on the sender's word that it is not 100 firecrackers?

I would wait til 4th of July and HAVE A BLAST !!! GOD BLESS AMERICA!!!!!!!!!!!

Dec 12, 2011 at 09:08 PM
omarlyn
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.2 #6 · p.2 #6 · POSITIVE OUTCOME FED EX issue!

Sharona wrote:
UPDATE: Poodlelover wins the prize. It has ORMD on the box somewhere. Don't ask me where. They insist that they must return it to me and I must repackage and reship it. It LOOKS like Fed ex will refund me the shipping, given that I wasn't told at the time of shipping that the box was problematic. We shall see if that happens. I will let you know. Cheers....

Good to hear that it was ONLY that and not a more serious issue like damage! Hopefully your buyer is being understanding of the problem and allowing you to 'fix' it. I knew the most likely issue would be some sort of markings on a re-used box (ESPECIALLY with Fed-Ex). This thread should hopefully help others avoid the same problem.

Omar

Dec 12, 2011 at 09:18 PM
jerrykur
• • • •
p.2 #7 · p.2 #7 · POSITIVE OUTCOME FED EX issue!

Sharona wrote:

If FEDEX refund they are being nice since this was customer error.

Dec 12, 2011 at 09:20 PM
jcolwell
• • • • • • •
p.2 #8 · p.2 #8 · POSITIVE OUTCOME FED EX issue!

That's why I prefer to buy new boxes for shipping things that I sell. I'm tired of wrapping old, used boxes with brown paper, to hide their past-use labels.

Dec 12, 2011 at 09:27 PM
Sharona
• • • •
p.2 #9 · p.2 #9 · POSITIVE OUTCOME FED EX issue!

omarlyn wrote:
Good to hear that it was ONLY that and not a more serious issue like damage! Hopefully your buyer is being understanding of the problem and allowing you to 'fix' it. I knew the most likely issue would be some sort of markings on a re-used box (ESPECIALLY with Fed-Ex). This thread should hopefully help others avoid the same problem.

Omar

That's what I'm hoping, Omar - to save others the headache!

Dec 12, 2011 at 10:18 PM
Sharona
• • • •
p.2 #10 · p.2 #10 · POSITIVE OUTCOME FED EX issue!

jerrykur wrote:
If FEDEX refund they are being nice since this was customer error.

Well - maybe partly, but why on Earth didn't they tell me at the Fed Ex counter? Don't you think they should have told me up front that the box (literally) wouldn't fly? I think so!

Dec 12, 2011 at 10:20 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

BrianO
• • • • •
p.2 #11 · p.2 #11 · POSITIVE OUTCOME FED EX issue!

jcolwell wrote:
That's why I prefer to buy new boxes for shipping things that I sell. I'm tired of wrapping old, used boxes with brown paper, to hide their past-use labels.

So you're saying that brown paper packages tied up with string would NOT be a few of your favorite things?

Dec 12, 2011 at 10:22 PM
shmoogy

p.2 #12 · p.2 #12 · POSITIVE OUTCOME FED EX issue!

jcolwell wrote:

I tried doing this a month or two ago because I didn't have time to buy a new box, and when I brought it to UPS the guy told me they don't allow that any more because sometimes the paper gets ripped off and jams their machines. He ended up giving me a bigger box to put my box into along with some filler for like $2.00.

Dec 13, 2011 at 03:23 PM
jcolwell
• • • • • • •
p.2 #13 · p.2 #13 · POSITIVE OUTCOME FED EX issue!

BrianO wrote:
So you're saying that brown paper packages tied up with string would NOT be a few of your favorite things?

Dec 13, 2011 at 03:39 PM
jcolwell
• • • • • • •
p.2 #14 · p.2 #14 · POSITIVE OUTCOME FED EX issue!

shmoogy wrote:
I tried doing this a month or two ago because I didn't have time to buy a new box, and when I brought it to UPS the guy told me they don't allow that any more because sometimes the paper gets ripped off and jams their machines. He ended up giving me a bigger box to put my box into along with some filler for like $2.00.

Interesting. I've been using new boxes for a couiple of years, so I guess I haven't seen that.

Even more interesting, the Canada Post web site "guide" says in section "How to wrap it", "Wrap your parcel in plain paper". Not me, thanks anyway.

Dec 13, 2011 at 03:40 PM
Sharona
• • • •
p.2 #15 · p.2 #15 · POSITIVE OUTCOME FED EX issue!

So, it sounds like if I want to ship something hazardous, I need only wrap my box in brown paper so as to hide the "hazard code?" Good to know!

Dec 13, 2011 at 04:44 PM
molson
• • • • • •
p.2 #16 · p.2 #16 · POSITIVE OUTCOME FED EX issue!

This is certainly the wrong forum for a post like this, but all that aside, why on earth would anyone ever want to ship something by Fed Ex in the first place?

Dec 13, 2011 at 05:24 PM
Ed Peters
• • • • •
p.2 #17 · p.2 #17 · POSITIVE OUTCOME FED EX issue!

Sharona wrote:
So, it sounds like if I want to ship something hazardous, I need only wrap my box in brown paper so as to hide the "hazard code?" Good to know!

+1

Dec 13, 2011 at 05:24 PM
lesgage
• • •
p.2 #18 · p.2 #18 · POSITIVE OUTCOME FED EX issue!

Fed Ex has gotten very picky about the box you ship in, I have had to rebox several items because they had some small tear in them...something that you and I would not even notice...not sure what that is about, but they have gotten very picky...
Les

Dec 13, 2011 at 05:27 PM
lesgage
• • •
p.2 #19 · p.2 #19 · POSITIVE OUTCOME FED EX issue!

Fed Ex has gotten very picky about the box you ship in, I have had to rebox several items because they had some small tear in them...something that you and I would not even notice...not sure what that is about, but they have gotten very picky...
Les

Dec 13, 2011 at 05:28 PM
Jim Victory
• • • • •
p.2 #20 · p.2 #20 · POSITIVE OUTCOME FED EX issue!

lesgage wrote:
Les

It has to do with insurance liability. That is why they always unpack and inspect my packages insured for over $500. They want to make sure it is packed properly to avod damage in shipment, so they don't have to pay for a claim.

Jim

Dec 13, 2011 at 06:47 PM
       3       end

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

3       end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password