Home · Register · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username  

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Post-processing & Printing | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2011 · Crud! Printer just died - Recs for an all in one?

Bruce n Philly
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Crud! Printer just died - Recs for an all in one?

Help!!!

My HP 6110 all in one just died and I need to run out an get a new one...today! Any recommendations for a good all in one? I need the following:

1 - Scanner
2 - Feeder
3 - Photo Printer
4 - Multiple Ink cartridges

The HP 6110 I had was probably 7 years old and actually did a decent job with simple photo printing as I do light photos (very cheaply built however). I hated that the 6110 took combo ink cartridges. I am debating if I should just get a high-quality dedicated photo printer as my photo skills have really increased but my volumes..... I dunno, I do want better photo printing but I also need a light office printer and scanner with a feeder.

Any tips? Recs? Price: I will pay what it takes if I can get what I am asking for - the 6110 was around $300. Any deals out there?

Thanx so much..... Bruce

Dec 10, 2011 at 10:36 AM
colinm
• • • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Crud! Printer just died - Recs for an all in one?

If you don't need to go bigger than letter size, Epson has a very solid lineup of all-in-ones. Check out the Artisan line; they're the SOHO models with document feeders.

If you want to go bigger then you're into dedicated photo printer territory.

Dec 10, 2011 at 11:21 AM
TrojanHorse
• • • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Crud! Printer just died - Recs for an all in one?

How fussy are you?

Last time that happened to me, I ran down to Best Buy and picked up a canon MP620B on sale for under a hundred bucks. It has dedicated ink carts and the resulting print quality is pretty good for a cheap machine. The scanner is handy, but most of the all-in-ones are flat bed scanners though, which is a mild PITA.

If you want a light office printer, you may prefer a cheap laser like an HP P1000 or the like - 95% of my printing is B+W and lasers are fast, low maintenance & much cheaper. I got it for $80, I don't even think I can buy a replacement toner for $80.

Dec 11, 2011 at 02:58 AM

FM Forums | Post-processing & Printing | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.