Home · Register · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username  

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2011 · 7D for $1,100/free shipping on ebay!

dlodi
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · 7D for $1,100/free shipping on ebay!

I check out a site called slickdeals.net periodically. It lists deals for all kinds of online merchants (and some bricks and mortar stores too). Every once in a while you come across something good. I just noticed that they have a 7D listed for $1,100 with free shipping on ebay. I don't know anything about this deal or the seller. I'm just passing on the info.

Links:

slickdeals:
http://slickdeals.net/

ebay listing:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Canon-EOS-7D-18MP-Digital-SLR-Camera/310364474668?afepn=5335869999&campid=5335869999&PID=1225267&_trksid=p1468660.m2000036

Happy holidays.

Dave

Dec 09, 2011 at 02:23 PM
omarlyn
• • • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · 7D for $1,100/free shipping on ebay!

Appears to be an internet alias for Brooklyn based Focus Camera...NOT the most reputable name for camera equipment! (although Focus Camera does remain on Canon's Authorized Dealer list)

Omar

Dec 09, 2011 at 02:47 PM
svassh
• • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · 7D for $1,100/free shipping on ebay!

Waiting on a refurb 7D from the Canon Loyalty Program should be here Monday. I bit on this deal for new with 1 year warranty for nearly $100 less. Gonna wait to open the refurb and see if this one actually ships as stated. Their Ebay feedback is great so keeping fingers crossed for shipment. Assuming it comes the 1 year warranty trumps the 90 day refurb anyday.

Dec 09, 2011 at 02:54 PM
faremax
• • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · 7D for $1,100/free shipping on ebay!

I've ordered from Focus camera before and never had an issue. Not sure how they handle problems though. They have 400K feedbacks and 99.3% positive ones so I think they are Ok.

Dec 09, 2011 at 03:00 PM
svassh
• • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · 7D for $1,100/free shipping on ebay!

Sold Out at 250 units. Maybe Canon offered them some sort of promotional discount.

Dec 09, 2011 at 05:02 PM
Sheldon N
• • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · 7D for $1,100/free shipping on ebay!

Doubt they'll be able to fulfill all those orders. Price seems likely to be below dealer cost, especially considering ebay/paypal/shipping fees, and their reseller ratings page is littered with complaints about unfulfilled/cancelled orders.

They just took in $275k in revenues in just a couple hours.

Dec 09, 2011 at 05:24 PM
Andrew J
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · 7D for $1,100/free shipping on ebay!

On a 7D last year they left a phone message that the order was on hold. When I called in the guy said it was extremely important that I buy an extended warranty because Canon's wasn't any good. I was annoyed since out of hundreds of other ebay purchases, no one ever tried a rip-off trick like that on me. The camera shipped and was new with a USA warranty.

Dec 09, 2011 at 06:50 PM
Gochugogi
• • • • • •
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · 7D for $1,100/free shipping on ebay!

Andrew J wrote:
On a 7D last year they left a phone message that the order was on hold. When I called in the guy said it was extremely important that I buy an extended warranty because Canon's wasn't any good. I was annoyed since out of hundreds of other ebay purchases, no one ever tried a rip-off trick like that on me. The camera shipped and was new with a USA warranty.

They sell with razor thin margins so to make money they must push add-ons and accessories. This sales tactic has been standard operation procedure for Brooklyn photo dealers for decades. I've gotten such a phone call or email notice a hundred times. Nothing new or surprising here. If you find such sales tactics offensive, you can pay a little higher margin to B&H or Amazon and lose the pitch.

Dec 09, 2011 at 07:09 PM
Andrew J
• • • • •
p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · 7D for $1,100/free shipping on ebay!

Lucky for me I don't need you to spell out my purchase choices.

Dec 09, 2011 at 08:02 PM
mountainrivera
• • •
p.1 #10 · p.1 #10 · 7D for $1,100/free shipping on ebay!

omarlyn wrote:
Appears to be an internet alias for Brooklyn based Focus Camera...NOT the most reputable name for camera equipment! (although Focus Camera does remain on Canon's Authorized Dealer list)

Omar

Feedback on ebay looks good. I wouldn't hesitate to buy from them if I was in the market.

Dec 09, 2011 at 10:30 PM
omarlyn
• • • •
p.1 #11 · p.1 #11 · 7D for $1,100/free shipping on ebay!

omarlyn wrote:

Omar

mountainrivera wrote:
Feedback on ebay looks good. I wouldn't hesitate to buy from them if I was in the market.

Fine with me, I could not care less….but just in case, here's the ResellerRatings.com page for Focus Camera…might change your mind: http://www.resellerratings.com/store/Focus_Camera

Omar

Edited on Dec 10, 2011 at 07:47 AM · View previous versions

Dec 09, 2011 at 11:32 PM
BrianO
• • • • •
p.1 #12 · p.1 #12 · 7D for $1,100/free shipping on ebay!

omarlyn wrote:
...Fine with me, I can care less...

Dec 10, 2011 at 01:25 AM
omarlyn
• • • •
p.1 #13 · p.1 #13 · 7D for $1,100/free shipping on ebay!

BrianO wrote:

oops I 'fixed' it!

Omar

Dec 10, 2011 at 07:50 AM
svassh
• • •
p.1 #14 · p.1 #14 · 7D for $1,100/free shipping on ebay!

Well Xmas miracles do happen! Received my new 7D from this sale yesterday. Very well packed and unopened. Was happy to return the unopened 7D refurb I bought thru CLP for $89 more the same day. Came with US warranty card which I already registered.

Dec 16, 2011 at 02:34 PM

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.