Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2011 · Would you?

Jeff Fletcher
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Would you?

I have a question, I own the EOS 7D SLR Digital Camera with EF-S 15-85mm f/3.5-5.6 IS USM Lens. Would you trade it for the EOS 5D Mark II Digital Camera Kit with Canon 24-105mm f/4L IS USM AF Lens. I just got a special offer from BH photo (in a email ) for the above camera for around 2700.I just got the 7D a few weeks ago,so I can return it and get my full refund. There is about a 500 dollar difference. I wanted the 5d but it's always been around 3200, this comes alone and I think this might be a good deal. I shoot all types of photo's. What do you guys think?

Dec 08, 2011 at 10:28 PM
Bill Gass
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Would you?

I would, hell of a deal.

Dec 08, 2011 at 10:33 PM
ytsaelee

p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Would you?

yes i would. no questions asked.

Dec 08, 2011 at 10:37 PM
AGeoJO
• • • • • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Would you?

Keep in mind also that there is a shutter actuation limitation of return camera bodies. I believe that it is either 100 or 200, not quite sure which one... You may want to look into that aspect and check with B&H first. Otherwise, I would jump on it if you can afford it.

Dec 08, 2011 at 10:38 PM
gvg45
• • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Would you?

$500 difference seems like a great upgrade from the 7D w/EF-S lens to 5DMK2 w/24-105.
Unless you need the crop sensor or focus ability of the 7D for what you shoot, I'd do it.

Dec 08, 2011 at 10:39 PM
abqnmusa
• • • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Would you?

first the soap box statement ....
Personally I do not think people should be allowed to return a camera or anything just because they have second thoughts, just wanted to use it for a shoot then return, or whatever.
Returns should only be allowed if the purchased item is defective and then only for another like item. Returns just raise the cost for everyone as the seller can not sell it as used, or at least if honest should not.

now the answer to the question
Sure, I would choose the 5D mark II over the 7D and never look back.
I wanted to like the 7D. But in the end sold 7D for 5D II and never looked back.

Dec 08, 2011 at 10:46 PM
robstein
• • •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · Would you?

If you can get away with it... absolutely UNLESS you had to have the faster frame rate and better AF on the 7D.

Dec 08, 2011 at 10:48 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

Ian.Dobinson
• • • • • •
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · Would you?

On the face of it I would say yes
But only if the following does not affect/bother you.

1: the AF on the 7D
2: the 7D has faster fps
3: the is on the 15-85 is newer and better . (I own the 24-105L and the is good but not as good as the newer versions)
4: the 7D has wireless flash command on board. (adding a st-e2 to the 5d2 sorts this out)

Dec 08, 2011 at 10:48 PM
gpop
• • •
p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · Would you?

unless you shoot sports primarily, yes.

Dec 08, 2011 at 10:52 PM
Jeff Fletcher
• •
p.1 #10 · p.1 #10 · Would you?

Thanks for the replies

Dec 08, 2011 at 11:30 PM
gvg45
• • •
p.1 #11 · p.1 #11 · Would you?

abqnmusa wrote:
first the soap box statement ....
Personally I do not think people should be allowed to return a camera or anything just because they have second thoughts, just wanted to use it for a shoot then return, or whatever.
Returns should only be allowed if the purchased item is defective and then only for another like item. Returns just raise the cost for everyone as the seller can not sell it as used, or at least if honest should not.

+1..Well said.

It is just a matter of time before B&H, Adorama, & the other reputable retailers start tightening the return policy due to people buying & returning pointlessly.

Dec 08, 2011 at 11:41 PM
Pixel Perfect
• • • • • •
p.1 #12 · p.1 #12 · Would you?

yes indeed. If you were always wanting FF, then in a few months you'll forget the extra $500.

Dec 08, 2011 at 11:55 PM
Pixel Perfect
• • • • • •
p.1 #13 · p.1 #13 · Would you?

gvg45 wrote:
+1..Well said.

It is just a matter of time before B&H, Adorama, & the other reputable retailers start tightening the return policy due to people buying & returning pointlessly.

While I agree about psur of the moment purchases and returns, it's B&H that offer the return policy, not the OP forcing them into anything. I don't think he should be tarred and feathered for taking advantage of the offer. They obviously think it's a worthwhile idea.

Dec 08, 2011 at 11:58 PM
RobertLynn
• • • • • •
p.1 #14 · p.1 #14 · Would you?

If it's their policy, who gives a shit if he returns it...especially if he's returning it to spend MORE money.

More to the point, unless I shot only sports, I'd do it in a heartbeat.

Dec 09, 2011 at 12:26 AM

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Reset password