Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

2       3       end

Archive 2011 · Glasses while shooting & best strap...

gheller
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · Glasses while shooting & best strap...

Hi all

I want to know what you guys do out in the field on 2 issues (while shooting with your Canon gear )

(1) what do you guys do with your glasses (regular or sunglasses) when you are shooting? I find that I throw them in my sling bag, but not crazy about that option.

(2) besides Black Rapid (which I really like), any other really innovative straps that are different in any way that you can recommend?

Thanks

greg

Dec 08, 2011 at 08:34 PM
omarlyn
• • • •
p.1 #2 · Glasses while shooting & best strap...

gheller wrote:
I want to know what you guys do out in the field ...(while shooting with your Canon gear )

(1) what do you guys do with your glasses (regular or sunglasses) when you are shooting? I find that I throw them in my sling bag, but not crazy about that option.

greg

Scratch the hell out of them by putting my glasses in my shirt pocket and forgetting about them until I bend down and they fall out!

Omar

Dec 08, 2011 at 08:41 PM
15Bit
• • • •
p.1 #3 · Glasses while shooting & best strap...

1. Lose them, more often than not.

2. I have a hand strap from Camdapter.

Dec 08, 2011 at 09:17 PM
robstein
• • •
p.1 #4 · Glasses while shooting & best strap...

- Glasses - No idea sorry.
- I use the camdaptor hand strap as well and with my RRS plate on the bottom I have lugs in 4 corners... so handstrap takes 2 on right and a removable neck strap takes the 2 left ones. I have lost 2 removable straps since they are off most of the time unless I am out and about (they don't let me out much so that's less common ).

I tried to like slings... but I cannot stand the camera on my right side (leftie) or the strap on my right shoulder when I hang it backwards to drop to the left side :shrug:

Dec 08, 2011 at 10:26 PM
David Baldwin
• • • •
p.1 #5 · Glasses while shooting & best strap...

"what do you guys do with your glasses (regular or sunglasses) when you are shooting?"

Keep them on! I am dramatically shortsighted and need to wear them all the time. Have absolutely no problem shooting with the 7D and 5D2.

Dec 08, 2011 at 11:31 PM
Ernie Aubert
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #6 · Glasses while shooting & best strap...

I put my glasses in a pocket. I use this rather than a neck strap:
http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/631170-REG/Trekking_TS12312_Safari_Strap.html

Dec 08, 2011 at 11:51 PM
RobertLynn
• • • • • •
p.1 #7 · Glasses while shooting & best strap...

gheller wrote:
Hi all

I want to know what you guys do out in the field on 2 issues (while shooting with your Canon gear )

(2) besides Black Rapid (which I really like), any other really innovative straps that are different in any way that you can recommend?

Thanks

greg

Get contacts.

Dec 09, 2011 at 12:25 AM
erikburd
• • •
p.1 #8 · Glasses while shooting & best strap...

I wear my glasses. No problems on my end.

Dec 09, 2011 at 12:27 AM
gdanmitchell
• • • • •
p.1 #9 · Glasses while shooting & best strap...

gheller wrote:
Hi all

I leave 'em on. For me, it is too much trouble to take glasses off and put them back on every time I'm making a shot. I do sometimes slide them down on my nose when using live view - hard to focus on the close stuff sometimes!

I often use clip on sunglasses. Those come off. The added thickness interferes with seeing through the viewfinder, and they have a tendency to come loose while shooting. Most of the time when I'm in the field I wear shirts with chest pocket, so the clip ons go there.

Dec 09, 2011 at 02:48 AM
PilotDan

p.1 #10 · Glasses while shooting & best strap...

Keep them on...otherwise I'd think every shot is totally out of focus and I'd trip on stuff in between shots.

Dec 09, 2011 at 03:00 AM

Search in Used Dept. 

Gunzorro
• • • • •
p.1 #11 · Glasses while shooting & best strap...

Op Tech Pro Strap distributes weight best that I've found. I like it on all my cameras which are either 1D-type or 5D/60D with grip.

Dec 09, 2011 at 03:17 AM
misterbill7718
• •
p.1 #12 · Glasses while shooting & best strap...

I always wear my eye-glasses when I shoot. I'd probably trip and break my camera/lens if I didn't. No problems shooting with them on. I don't ever wear sunglasses when I shoot, even if it is really bright, I just wear a hat with a decent brim.

Dec 09, 2011 at 04:07 AM
gheller
• • • • •
p.1 #13 · Glasses while shooting & best strap...

fantastic suggestions and input... keep them coming

greg

Dec 09, 2011 at 05:10 AM
lukeb
• • •
p.1 #14 · Glasses while shooting & best strap...

Gunzorro wrote:
Op Tech Pro Strap distributes weight best that I've found. I like it on all my cameras which are either 1D-type or 5D/60D with grip.

+1 on D700's

Dec 09, 2011 at 05:17 AM
eskimochaos
• • •
p.1 #15 · Glasses while shooting & best strap...

A glasses case perhaps?

Dec 09, 2011 at 05:19 AM
Photon
• • • • •
p.1 #16 · Glasses while shooting & best strap...

I wear my glasses full-time, so they don't go anywhere when I shoot.
I like the Up-Strap. I wear it on one shoulder instead of around my neck, and it is so secure that I never worry it might slip off. Sometimes I prefer to work without any strap on the camera. Other times I'm using two bodies, and for that I think I'm going to try Ernie's suggestion of the Trekking Safari Strap.

Dec 09, 2011 at 05:40 AM
garyroach
• • •
p.1 #17 · Glasses while shooting & best strap...

I'm in the habit of sliding my glasses up on my forehead when looking through the viewfinder. I can see clearly by adjusting the diopter in the viewfinder. Works for me!

The only straps I use are Canon hand straps on the camera bodies.

Edited on Dec 11, 2011 at 04:58 PM · View previous versions

Dec 09, 2011 at 05:42 AM
Gunzorro
• • • • •
p.1 #18 · Glasses while shooting & best strap...

For glasses (reading glasses), I simply put them in a shirt pocket when not in use.

Dec 09, 2011 at 05:50 AM
Jeff Donald
• • • •
p.1 #19 · Glasses while shooting & best strap...

The best sling I've found is the Sun Snipper[url=]http://www.sun-sniper.com/en.html[/url]. It has several unique features:

1. Stainless Steel bearing attachment point

2. integrated shock absorber

3. integrated steel cable could help prevent theft

Disclaimer, I don't work for the mfg., any distributor or reseller, just a happy owner.

Dec 09, 2011 at 06:17 AM
Greggbhill
• •
p.1 #20 · Glasses while shooting & best strap...

> Keep them on! I am dramatically shortsighted and need to wear them all the time. Have absolutely no problem shooting with the 7D and 5D2.

+1

Dec 09, 2011 at 06:27 AM
       2       3       end

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

2       3       end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password