Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2011 · 1D4 AND 1DíS3 TO 5D2 AND 7D?

rogerwilco
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · 1D4 AND 1DíS3 TO 5D2 AND 7D?

Would it be safe to say that these two bodies are shadowed by the other 2 bodies? Now full frame pro body like 1Dís3 equal to the full frame 5D2 and the new 1D4 cropped to 7D crop?
guess what I want to know is if the usual photog has the 5D2 for Iso and full frame and then the 7D for the action shots and AF.. would it be safe to say if one wanted to graduate to the next level his gear may consist of the following Dís3 and 1D4 ?just asking as I may want to make that leap over to the next level I love shooting full frame and love portrait and landscapes using the 5D2 and love using the 7D for the kids outside playing games shooting the fun times where Af and speed are needed..hope I can get the same if not more fun from the upgrade..
Roger

Dec 08, 2011 at 03:10 AM
EB-1
• • • • • • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · 1D4 AND 1DíS3 TO 5D2 AND 7D?

Yes, but the 7D still has the reach and it is relatively inexpensive, so it still has a place.

EBH

Dec 08, 2011 at 03:14 AM
TrojanHorse
• • • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · 1D4 AND 1DíS3 TO 5D2 AND 7D?

That's an awful lot of money to spend if you're not sure what you'll gain from upgrading. I don't mean to discourage you or sound critical but you might be happier / better off spending the money on lenses.

Dec 08, 2011 at 04:56 AM
Imagemaster
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · 1D4 AND 1DíS3 TO 5D2 AND 7D?

You would hardly need a 1D4 for shooting your kids.

Dec 08, 2011 at 04:59 AM
TrojanHorse
• • • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · 1D4 AND 1DíS3 TO 5D2 AND 7D?

Imagemaster wrote:

Pshaw, what kind of talk is that. Of course you do.

Dec 08, 2011 at 05:07 AM
rogerwilco
• •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · 1D4 AND 1DíS3 TO 5D2 AND 7D?

not a matter of needs , more the matter of wants and I wants it lolÖhobby = fun = bodies and new things to learn I already have the other bodies and now I wish to play with these ..I have some glass to get me by for now ..thanks for the concern like my neighbor never exceeds the speed limit but drives a new vette lol ...

Dec 08, 2011 at 08:36 AM

Search in Used Dept. 

Hrow
• • • • •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · 1D4 AND 1DíS3 TO 5D2 AND 7D?

Go ahead and get the stuff. Meaningless purchases help fuel the economy and you can take much better pictures of your neighbor smiling in his toy.

Dec 08, 2011 at 12:13 PM
Psychic1
• • • •
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · 1D4 AND 1DíS3 TO 5D2 AND 7D?

Imagemaster wrote:

Best excuse you will ever have

Dec 08, 2011 at 12:56 PM
RobertLynn
• • • • • •
p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · 1D4 AND 1DíS3 TO 5D2 AND 7D?

rogerwilco wrote:
not a matter of needs , more the matter of wants and I wants it lolÖhobby = fun = bodies and new things to learn I already have the other bodies and now I wish to play with these ..I have some glass to get me by for now ..thanks for the concern like my neighbor never exceeds the speed limit but drives a new vette lol ...

completely different... just because your neighbor is a dumbass doesnt mean you have got to be one.

There's more+ and minus than strictly FF/APS-C/APS-H in the debate, and the high ISO isn't too bad.

Dec 08, 2011 at 12:57 PM
big country
• • • •
p.1 #10 · p.1 #10 · 1D4 AND 1DíS3 TO 5D2 AND 7D?

Roger, if you don't mind the weight, then there is nothing like having a 1ds iii or 1d iv in your hands and hearing those machines fire.

I also believe that for the most part both of these cameras you desire, will hold their values for some time to come, especially after the 1dx is released. Since both of these cameras offer things the 1dx can't/don't.

Also, the 1ds iii does not do video, so if you want full frame video, then maybe hang onto that 5d ii.

Dec 08, 2011 at 01:10 PM
dgdg
• • • •
p.1 #11 · p.1 #11 · 1D4 AND 1DíS3 TO 5D2 AND 7D?

I tend to think of new gear when I'm not out taking photographs.
When I am using my 5Dc, I find nothing lacking with it and my 4 lenses (20mm voigtlander, 50mm f1.8, 70-200mm f4, 400mm do). If I were a pro, I probably would feel differently.
Only reasons why I would upgrade if I could afford it would be a 1d iv to focus my 400mm at f8 and with any lens and more advanced autofocus tracking.

Dec 08, 2011 at 01:25 PM
Ian.Dobinson
• • • • • •
p.1 #12 · p.1 #12 · 1D4 AND 1DíS3 TO 5D2 AND 7D?

Imagemaster wrote:

But the heavier weight stops them in their tracks alot easier

As to the 'upgrade'

(I read the title of the thread the other way round by the way so was slightly confused at first . ie Re: 1D4 AND 1DíS3 TO5D2 AND 7D?

But if your wanting to go from the 2 'consumer' bodies to the 2 1 series then why not wait and get a 1Dx when it's out. That way you could probably cover both with the single body. (maybe if you want a backup keep either the 5D2 or the 7D depending on the use it would backup)

Dec 08, 2011 at 01:35 PM

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password