Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Nikon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2011 · Carnival in Spain

phatnev
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Carnival in Spain

So the story is we were in Granada, which is in the south of the south of Spain, the heart of Andalucia, it was Carnival and we wanted to see it but we didn't wanna go to one of the bigger celebrations which would've been 12 hours of buses and 12 hours of drinking in one day. So we went to Nerja for the weekend. Nerja is a small town, supported by mostly British tourism, located on the Mediterranean Sea a little over an hour south of Granada. This is March mind you.

We get on the bus, all is fine, instead of taking the cartera(highway) the bus driver decided to head through the mountains. Awesome right? Great views, windy roads, being 23 and in the south of Spain traveling with your loved one. Except it wasn't. By the time we got to the top of the mountain there was almost 10" of snow, the bus couldn't go anywhere, it literally slid backwards towards a cliff of 50+ feet stopping just in time, only to lurch forward into a ditch where 3 of the 4 wheels were in the air. Long story short, everyone got the hell off of the bus, we grabbed our luggage, and hoofed it a mile or two down the mountain to a cabin which looked oddly reminiscent of a hunting lodge you'd find in Appalachia, and proceeded to down every available bottle of booze and speak in a mish mash of close to 10 different languages. It was a fantastic experience, and a real experience, not just some bs touristy crap you'd get on a tour. We got to meet tons of new people, and learn all about Nerja and cool things to do there from the locals just on their way home. It took 9 hours instead of 1.5, but that's the way the cookie crumbles. On to the photos...

1)

2)

3)

4)

5)

(Probably the first photo I've ever posted of myself on here?)

7)

8)

9)

10)

11)

12)

13)

Tomas, the bar owner.

14)

15)

16)

17)

18)

19)

20)

21)

22)

23)

24)

25)

26)

27)

28)

29)

Dec 07, 2011 at 11:44 PM
abam
• • • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Carnival in Spain

none of the pics show up for me*. could this have been addended onto your other spain photo-expose?

*edit: probably has something to do with my security suite. forget i mentioned it.

Dec 08, 2011 at 01:34 AM
Peter Sims
• •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Carnival in Spain

Awesome story. There's something you'll never forget.

Dec 09, 2011 at 12:14 AM
ryancrouch

p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Carnival in Spain

With all due respect, can you please stop posting these AMAZING pics of Spain??!!! PLEASE!!! I spent a month there 13 years ago and still cannot get the country or its people out of my mind.

Dec 09, 2011 at 01:29 AM
huddy
• • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Carnival in Spain

Great story, and looks like an awesome trip. Good thing the bus stopped!

Dec 09, 2011 at 04:58 AM
Slug69
• • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Carnival in Spain

I like these pics a lot. Like the vignette style and badly processed film look too! Very nostalgic and timeless.

Dec 09, 2011 at 10:53 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

nightlinedrive
• •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · Carnival in Spain

Looks amazing! (:

Dec 09, 2011 at 11:01 PM
passthegravy
• • •
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · Carnival in Spain

I like your photos a lot. Well done. I think it was Neil Pert, the drummer and lyricist for the band Rush, who said "Adventures suck while you're having them."

Dec 11, 2011 at 12:56 AM
gugs
• • • • •
p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · Carnival in Spain

A few nice pics in there !!!

Guy

Dec 11, 2011 at 05:24 PM
phatnev
• • •
p.1 #10 · p.1 #10 · Carnival in Spain

Thanks Guy.

Dec 13, 2011 at 05:01 PM
Justin Huffman
• • • • •
p.1 #11 · p.1 #11 · Carnival in Spain

passthegravy wrote:
I like your photos a lot. Well done. I think it was Neil Pert, the drummer and lyricist for the band Rush, who said "Adventures suck while you're having them."

Phat - nice set man!

Gravy - LOVE the quote man it certainly applies to Phats' escapades

Dec 13, 2011 at 08:22 PM
phatnev
• • •
p.1 #12 · p.1 #12 · Carnival in Spain

Thanks Justin. Always enjoy shooting abroad.

Dec 14, 2011 at 05:05 PM

FM Forums | Nikon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password