Home · Register · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username  

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | General Gear-talk | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2011 · Is there a tripod head for telephotos that can resist the great outdoors?

chupacabra31
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Is there a tripod head for telephotos that can resist the great outdoors?

Do they make any Tripod heads for use with a midsize telephoto, that can stand up to a little torture from the elements?

I am mostly a hand holder, but their are times when a tripod and ball head are Mandatory for me.

I find that I have to get down in the muck, into the water (salt water sometimes), etc when photographing birds/wildlife in order to get a better angle or view. Sometimes I have had my tripod and ballhead submerged in order to be right on the level of a shorebird/waterfowl.

So yeah is there anything like this? I was thinking Arcatech might be the way to go.

Dec 07, 2011 at 02:24 PM
dcains
• • • • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Is there a tripod head for telephotos that can resist the great outdoors?

The Acratech might be your best bet because of its open design (not sure about the panning base, though). I know I'd never want to submerge one of my RRS or Markins heads, or get them even splashed by salt water, although they're probably more durable than I'm giving them credit for.

Dec 08, 2011 at 12:49 AM
jjgeis
• • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Is there a tripod head for telephotos that can resist the great outdoors?

A quick email to the manufacture will get you an answer.

Dec 11, 2011 at 01:42 PM
DanBrown
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Is there a tripod head for telephotos that can resist the great outdoors?

chupacabra31 wrote:
I was thinking Arcatech might be the way to go.

The search tool is your friend:

https://www.fredmiranda.com/forum/topic/1060012

Dec 11, 2011 at 01:53 PM

FM Forums | General Gear-talk | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.