Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2011 · S100

outlawyer
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · S100

A co-worker showed me his new solid black S100 P&s yesterday, and some pictures.
What a nice camera, size of a pack of king sized cigarettes but weighty and substantial, as if forged from solid titanium. Pictures are excellent. $400.
Loved it, but as long as 20D's are $150 in nice shape, not for me. I could just see watching it sink to the bottom of the sea.

Dec 07, 2011 at 04:51 AM
h00ligan
• • • •
p.1 #2 · S100

Bh would probably just I've you a new one and post a video

Dec 07, 2011 at 05:43 AM
dadagallery
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #3 · S100

Adobe has a beta Camera Raw that will process the s100 raw images and they look sweet with that new CMOS sensor.

Dec 07, 2011 at 06:11 AM
mspencer1
• • •
p.1 #4 · S100

This is a great little camera. I got it so that I can have a camera that goes every where with me and also to use when scuba diving and its working out great.

Margaret

Dec 08, 2011 at 06:05 AM
Ariel Bravy
• • • • •
p.1 #5 · S100

Does anyone know how it compares to the camera in the iPhone 4S? Both IQ-wise and video-wise?

Dec 08, 2011 at 06:15 AM

Search in Used Dept. 

Richard Nye
• • • •
p.1 #6 · S100

outlawyer, I'm with you. The S100 looks nice, but I always carry my Droid with me and I can use that just as well. Give me a good ol' dslr and I'm happy. My T2i is my portable camera. My 1DsIII and 1DIV is when I get serious.

Dec 08, 2011 at 06:37 AM
stanj
• • • • •
p.1 #7 · S100

Ariel Bravy wrote:
Does anyone know how it compares to the camera in the iPhone 4S? Both IQ-wise and video-wise?

Just stills so far - the S100 wins hands down.

Raw images (matters to people on this board)
Much lower noise
Higher rez
Optical zoom
Real IS

I had the S95 which I gave to my mom because her older P&S died. The S100 is a superb replacement in all respects except the hand strap, which is a pure travesty compared to the old one.

The 20D may be better and cheaper but doesn't quite fit in my pocket or center arm rest in my car (where my P&S spends most of its life).

Dec 08, 2011 at 07:27 AM
gheller
• • • • •
p.1 #8 · S100

Richard Nye wrote:
outlawyer, I'm with you. The S100 looks nice, but I always carry my Droid with me and I can use that just as well.

absolutely my thoughts. I had a s95 briefly. It is markedly better than my Droid, but not enough to warrant bringing another device wherever I go.

greg

Dec 08, 2011 at 07:45 AM
Ariel Bravy
• • • • •
p.1 #9 · S100

Thanks Stan.

Dec 08, 2011 at 08:02 PM

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password