Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username  

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

1       2      
       4       5       6       end

Archive 2011 · Video of Wave Destroying Canon 5D Mark II at (Where Else?) Cannon Beach

vuilang
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.3 #1 · p.3 #1 · Video of Wave Destroying Canon 5D Mark II at (Where Else?) Cannon Beach

for those who's thinking: B&H is already #1 photo&video seller, They dont care about publicity..... Then ask yourself this: Why are we keep seeing McDonald ads everyday? and BTW: Do you really think everyone know B&H Ask 10 of your friends who is not a protog, and see how many of them know B&H. I did and it was less than 2..
I really appreciate BH did a favor to him, but I fear It's only a "mutual-beneficial relation"... DONATED then YELLED: I'm the biggest Donator.

Dec 04, 2011 at 04:02 AM
Ian.Dobinson
• • • • • •
p.3 #2 · p.3 #2 · Video of Wave Destroying Canon 5D Mark II at (Where Else?) Cannon Beach

abam wrote:
nice spam/marketing thread. paid industry representatives should be restricted to an "industry Q&A/announcements/etc" forum.

Strongly disagree with that . I for one find the decent paid reps input has been more helpfull to lots of FM'ers than any negativity in them being reps of certain corps.

I find guys like Henry (BH) and Helen (Adorama) a great asset to this site.
And if your going to limit the input paid reps have then that also limits the input guys like roger from lensrentals has, which in my view would be a bad thing.

If decent corps want to post interesting stuff that has a slight bit of advertising then that's fine by me as I can decide what is just marketing guff and what is not. (as the owner of this site Fred may have is own view , and thats his choice)

at the end of the day. we had a private company that made a decision to replace something that they didnt need to. that was their choice

Dec 04, 2011 at 06:15 AM
Antje
• • • • •
p.3 #3 · p.3 #3 · Video of Wave Destroying Canon 5D Mark II at (Where Else?) Cannon Beach

BrianO wrote:
I'm appalled at some of the negativity here. "No good deed goes unpunished" is right. What a bunch of whiney jerks.

+1 It's random acts of kindness like this that make my day.

Dec 04, 2011 at 07:12 AM
Depp
• •
p.3 #4 · p.3 #4 · Video of Wave Destroying Canon 5D Mark II at (Where Else?) Cannon Beach

Spot on Ian!

It's always a pleasure to hear from good down to earth folks in the industry online.I've always found professionals who have a passion and a good moral compass in the biz,set a high standard.Novices,amateurs and pros all benefit from their valuable insights.The videos put out by the aforementioned companies are also some of the best available online,and I like sharing their videos and blogs with aspiring photographers.

A good article on the subject here about Henry and B&H... Seven Steps to Managing Your Online Reputation

Edited on Dec 04, 2011 at 07:34 AM · View previous versions

Dec 04, 2011 at 07:28 AM
Lars Johnsson
• • • • • • •
p.3 #5 · p.3 #5 · Video of Wave Destroying Canon 5D Mark II at (Where Else?) Cannon Beach

abam wrote:
nice spam/marketing thread. paid industry representatives should be restricted to an "industry Q&A/announcements/etc" forum.

+1

Dec 04, 2011 at 07:33 AM
Depp
• •
p.3 #6 · p.3 #6 · Video of Wave Destroying Canon 5D Mark II at (Where Else?) Cannon Beach

Lars Johnsson wrote:
+1

I'll have to give you a failing grade on that Lars...

Dec 04, 2011 at 07:40 AM
Lars Johnsson
• • • • • • •
p.3 #7 · p.3 #7 · Video of Wave Destroying Canon 5D Mark II at (Where Else?) Cannon Beach

Depp wrote:
I'll have to give you a failing grade on that Lars...

Read the forum rules about commercial sites. And you belive he does it to be a nice guy. it's all about money and advertising

Dec 04, 2011 at 07:51 AM
Depp
• •
p.3 #8 · p.3 #8 · Video of Wave Destroying Canon 5D Mark II at (Where Else?) Cannon Beach

Lighten up Francis...it's the holiday time of year.

I don’t think you realize how hard it is to get this many random aspiring photographers to play somewhat nice together.

Edited on Dec 04, 2011 at 08:07 AM · View previous versions

Dec 04, 2011 at 08:00 AM
Antje
• • • • •
p.3 #9 · p.3 #9 · Video of Wave Destroying Canon 5D Mark II at (Where Else?) Cannon Beach

Depp wrote:
Lighten up Francis...it's the holiday time of year.

I don’t think you realize how hard it is to get this many random people to play somewhat nice together.

The "Hide Me" button helps.

Dec 04, 2011 at 08:06 AM
Depp
• •
p.3 #10 · p.3 #10 · Video of Wave Destroying Canon 5D Mark II at (Where Else?) Cannon Beach

Thanks Antje

I know Lars means well...he's Swede so he just can't help himself....I'm half Swede myself,but I try to keep a rosy picture.

Edited on Dec 04, 2011 at 08:12 AM · View previous versions

Dec 04, 2011 at 08:10 AM
Lasse Eriksson
• • • •
p.3 #11 · p.3 #11 · Video of Wave Destroying Canon 5D Mark II at (Where Else?) Cannon Beach

Sven Jeppesen wrote:
+1
Yes it's just ad and promotion of B&H.
It's not allowed according to the forum rules. Neither is links to Links to commercial sites in the signatures

+2

Dec 04, 2011 at 08:12 AM
Antje
• • • • •
p.3 #12 · p.3 #12 · Video of Wave Destroying Canon 5D Mark II at (Where Else?) Cannon Beach

Depp wrote:
Thanks Antje

I know Lars means well...

I wouldn't know. I found out a long time ago that I can only stand so much negativity, and discovered the aforementioned button.

Dec 04, 2011 at 08:14 AM
PetKal
• • • • • • •
p.3 #13 · p.3 #13 · Video of Wave Destroying Canon 5D Mark II at (Where Else?) Cannon Beach

I also believe this OP is a piece of spam, both in essence as well as appearance, reinforced by persistent and continuing violation of the forum rule about commercial site links in the members' signatures.

Granted, our own interests in receiving some helpful consideration by those industry reps on duty here, tend to colour our judgement in these matters.

Yet, the camera loss event is quite unremarkable. In that regard, what can one say other than be happy for the poor soul who got his lost camera replaced. Whatever B&H motives might have been for giving the man a camera, the net effect is certainly positive for the recepient of the gift.

Dec 04, 2011 at 08:18 AM
Depp
• •
p.3 #14 · p.3 #14 · Video of Wave Destroying Canon 5D Mark II at (Where Else?) Cannon Beach

I know what you mean Antje...at an early age I worked in my grandfather's boatbuilding shop surrounded by Swedes,a few Nordskis and one old German rigger...the rigger and I used to get a big laugh out of their stubborn antics...so I'm kind of used to it...I'm sure Lars has good intentions.

Happy Holidays to you Antje and all on this forum.

Boomer Depp

Dec 04, 2011 at 08:26 AM
PetKal
• • • • • • •
p.3 #15 · p.3 #15 · Video of Wave Destroying Canon 5D Mark II at (Where Else?) Cannon Beach

Depp wrote:
Happy Holidays to you Antje and all on this forum.

Boomer Depp

Same to you, Boomer....but hold your horses.....it's only Dec.4 today.

Dec 04, 2011 at 08:34 AM
Depp
• •
p.3 #16 · p.3 #16 · Video of Wave Destroying Canon 5D Mark II at (Where Else?) Cannon Beach

I'm sorry,forgive me...I'm always in the holiday spirit from Thanksgiving to after the New Year.

Dec 04, 2011 at 08:54 AM
Jim Cowsert
• • •
p.3 #17 · p.3 #17 · Video of Wave Destroying Canon 5D Mark II at (Where Else?) Cannon Beach

Wow...so much negativity here, last I saw it was Fred's job to moderate this forum. I really don't think that B&H needs a marketing ploy here on FM. They have always been one of the top recommended retailers from members here for years. Plus Henry has stepped in many times over the years to correct any problems with members and their dealings with B&H. I don't think those instances were marketing ploys.
As the saying goes..."no good deed goes unpunished".

Dec 04, 2011 at 09:26 AM
Sven Jeppesen
• • • •
p.3 #18 · p.3 #18 · Video of Wave Destroying Canon 5D Mark II at (Where Else?) Cannon Beach

PetKal wrote:
I also believe this OP is a piece of spam, both in essence as well as appearance, reinforced by persistent and continuing violation of the forum rule about commercial site links in the members' signatures.

Granted, our own interests in receiving some helpful consideration by those industry reps on duty here, tend to colour our judgement in these matters.

+1

Dec 04, 2011 at 09:43 AM
alundeb
• • • • •
p.3 #19 · p.3 #19 · Video of Wave Destroying Canon 5D Mark II at (Where Else?) Cannon Beach

Jim Cowsert wrote:
Wow...so much negativity here, last I saw it was Fred's job to moderate this forum. I really don't think that B&H needs a marketing ploy here on FM. They have always been one of the top recommended retailers from members here for years. Plus Henry has stepped in many times over the years to correct any problems with members and their dealings with B&H. I don't think those instances were marketing ploys.

I can recall at least one incidence when a post from this OP contained essentially only a link to a product from the online retail site run by his empolyer. The post was later removed, after I sent a notice to Fred Miranda about it. So both Fred Miranda and the OP himself are familiar with what is going on.

Dec 04, 2011 at 10:43 AM
Depp
• •
p.3 #20 · p.3 #20 · Video of Wave Destroying Canon 5D Mark II at (Where Else?) Cannon Beach

Jim Cowsert wrote:

+1

B&H has paid their dues here.Henry,Helen and Roger are very supportive members is of the photographic community...and quite often with knowledgeable insight,make invaluable contributions to a discussion.

To me the link and video were excellent timing for the Holiday Season.

Once again Happy Holidays

Boomer Depp

Edited on Dec 04, 2011 at 10:55 AM · View previous versions

Dec 04, 2011 at 10:54 AM
1       2      

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

1       2      

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.