New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Photo Critique | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2011 · New series C&C please

shortpballer
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · New series C&C please

All Pictures taken with my Hasselblad 100mm f/2.2 with the exception of the first and 4th image which were taken witha 35mm.  Images meant to be viewed in order presented.

Dec 01, 2011 at 07:13 AM
RustyBug
• • • • • • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · New series C&C please

Diggin' it.

The storyline is crystal clear and #4 is excellent in the compelling emotive response department.

My only nit would be that images 2-5 have lighting that seems to tie them all together and the lighting/toning @ #1 is starkly different ... almost sepia like which drives a different mood to start off with. I'm diggin' the red (anger) and blue (sad) tones ... just not the sepia ... maybe green with envy or monotone if you don't want to stay with the reds in 2-5.

Dec 01, 2011 at 01:41 PM
AuntiPode
• • • • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · New series C&C please

My problem with the series is the story narrative. The second frame she seems in a stupor. A stupor would seem to end the scenario. I can make a guess about the meaning of the fourth, but it's visually ambiguous.

Dec 01, 2011 at 06:30 PM
seanfoulkes
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · New series C&C please

Your images are great. The narrative is a bit contrived and "obvious." I guess. Obvious to the point that you are telling the viewer they are not smart enough to understand the ideas you present unless you spoon feed it to them. There is nothing to force the viewer to think, so the viewer moves on to the next series on the gallery wall. If that makes sense.

Dec 01, 2011 at 09:46 PM
AuntiPode
• • • • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · New series C&C please

Actually, image is quite good on its own. One and three are a reasonable team.

Dec 02, 2011 at 01:15 AM
oldrattler
• • • • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · New series C&C please

I find the story line simplistic, but apropos.. Betrayal, depression, anger, and finality.. IMHO you could loose #4

Dec 02, 2011 at 06:42 AM
tom lozinski
• •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · New series C&C please

I like the red carrying over into each shot. It's nice to see the narrative; it gives the shots more purpose. The saturation of the first shot seems inconsistent with the rest.

Dec 02, 2011 at 05:55 PM

FM Forums | Photo Critique | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.