New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Forum & Miscellaneous | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2011 · A Paypal claim experience

Ernie Aubert
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · A Paypal claim experience

This may be regarded as, in Mark Twain's words, "an instructive little tale":

I ordered a couple of lens hoods from an ebay vendor from whom I'd made a purchase in the past. I entered my current address (I moved two years ago) at the time of ordering. The vendor (Rainbow something or other) sent the order to my two-year-old address. I communicated with him through Paypal's dispute process. He never seemed to grasp that the address he'd sent it to was not the one I entered with the order, so I escalated it to a claim. After several weeks, Paypal notified me that they were denying the claim because the seller was able to show evidence that he'd shipped the items.

I'd advise you to be very certain of your vendor if you use Paypal to pay for something.

Nov 29, 2011 at 06:35 PM
dcains
• • • • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · A Paypal claim experience

Which address is associated with your PP account?

Nov 29, 2011 at 09:39 PM
Canon 10D
• • • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · A Paypal claim experience

Ernie Aubert wrote:
This may be regarded as, in Mark Twain's words, "an instructive little tale":

I ordered a couple of lens hoods from an ebay vendor from whom I'd made a purchase in the past. I entered my current address (I moved two years ago) at the time of ordering. The vendor (Rainbow something or other) sent the order to my two-year-old address. I communicated with him through Paypal's dispute process. He never seemed to grasp that the address he'd sent it to was not the one I entered with the order, so I escalated it to a claim. After several weeks,
...Show more

As long as the seller sends the item to your address (old or new) on file and confirmed with PayPal, you are pretty much out of luck; therefore, it is very "important" to keep your address on file with PayPal current. Sellers are not obligated to send item to the address entered at the time of ordering because someone else can hack your PayPal account and have item send to any address at the time of ordering.

Nov 29, 2011 at 10:29 PM
Ernie Aubert
• • • • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · A Paypal claim experience

dcains wrote:
Which address is associated with your PP account?

I'd updated my address with Paypal immediately after moving two years ago.

Nov 30, 2011 at 02:23 PM
dcains
• • • • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · A Paypal claim experience

Sounds like PayPal hasn't treated you fairly, if your confirmed PayPal address matches the address you sent to the vendor. In fact, you don't usually have to provide an address to a vendor, because they're obligated to send the purchase to your confirmed address, if they want protection on their end.

Nov 30, 2011 at 03:06 PM
vilimo
• • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · A Paypal claim experience

I too have moved and updated my profile in paypal. In my experience, during check out through paypal, you have the option to select the address to ship the item (all verified addresses). Just make sure that you select the correct address (which will be included in the paypal's note to the seller).

Nov 30, 2011 at 04:51 PM
DanBrown
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · A Paypal claim experience

Ernie Aubert wrote:
I'd updated my address with Paypal immediately after moving two years ago.

In the past two years, have you had anything else purchased through PayPal that has gone to the wrong address?

Dec 01, 2011 at 11:29 AM
Ernie Aubert
• • • • •
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · A Paypal claim experience

DanBrown wrote:
In the past two years, have you had anything else purchased through PayPal that has gone to the wrong address?

No; I've made some, though not a lot, of purchases since then.

Dec 01, 2011 at 06:55 PM

FM Forums | Forum & Miscellaneous | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.