Home · Register · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username  

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | General Gear-talk | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2011 · Strobe Soft-box & Defusers ....

dortizphoto
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Strobe Soft-box & Defusers ....

Can anyone recommend a portable soft-box to use with Canon 580EX&EX2 speed-lights? If so, can you explain why you recommend it and if possible provide a link for purchase?

Finally, anyone have any thoughts on defusers? Fong, Lumetec (spelling), etc...?

Also, I recall there was a sight "strobes something" which had really great tutorials and videos on the endless ways to use strobes.

Thanks for your valued time.
Dave

Nov 28, 2011 at 01:40 PM
dortizphoto
• •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Strobe Soft-box & Defusers ....

Sheeeeesh, guess no one here uses these or knows anything about my query.

Nov 28, 2011 at 04:19 PM
david debalko
• • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Strobe Soft-box & Defusers ....

I took a workshop with Joe McNally and he used this - http://www.adorama.com/LSLS2462JM.html?utm_term=Other&utm_medium=Shopping%20Site&utm_campaign=Other&utm_source=gbase I have since purchased it and it works well with my Nikon SB-800's. This also looks interesting - http://www.honlphoto.com/traveller16-softb16.html

Nov 28, 2011 at 05:23 PM
jcolwell
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Strobe Soft-box & Defusers ....

You might get more replies on the Lighting and Studio Techniques forum.

Nov 28, 2011 at 06:09 PM
Tedgranger

p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Strobe Soft-box & Defusers ....

This site has a wealth of info http://strobist.blogspot.com/

Nov 28, 2011 at 06:15 PM
EB-1
• • • • • • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Strobe Soft-box & Defusers ....

Your soft box has explosives

EBH

Nov 28, 2011 at 08:15 PM
gridironphoto
• • •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · Strobe Soft-box & Defusers ....

I use a 20" by 20" soft box that I picked up for $60. The flash mounts into the back of the box so that you can access the controls without removing the cover, as opposed to those that mount inside the soft box. It works so well that I now have 2. This soft box twists closed somewhat like a big reflector and a lot of people complain about getting it closed, but its easy once you get the hang of it and the whole thing is very portable. I think that it is made by Innerfit.

Nov 28, 2011 at 08:21 PM
Mr Kris
• •
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · Strobe Soft-box & Defusers ....

I use Photoflex softboxes. If you are searching for "speedlite specific" softboxes, you may be limiting yourself. There seems to be enough adapters out there now that most big-strobe softboxes can be adapted to small flashes.

I've got small, medium, and large Photoflex softboxes, and speedrings for both big strobes and speedlites. To use their softboxes with small flashes, search for their "basic speed ring" and "shoemount adapter." If you have big strobes, you can get speed rings for your strobes as well and use the same softboxes on both. They also make an adapter that'll let you use 2 speedlites with a softbox if you need more power.

Dec 02, 2011 at 10:06 AM

FM Forums | General Gear-talk | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.