Home · Register · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username  

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Nikon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2011 · Post your latest gear find!

bikemore
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Post your latest gear find!

Post your latest gear find.

Me? The local store had a bunch of used Nikon SC-19 flash cords, so I picked up two 10 ft. cords, an AS-10 and and an SC-17. The plan is to string together a macro light setup outdoors with two used Sunpak PZ5000 flashes.

By the way, those Sunpaks are solid units if you need a beater for use on manual.
Built- in slaves, motorized zoom head, down to 1/64 on M. No TTL on digital, but it will fire on A.

I also saw Fuji IS Pro on closeout so I decided to grab one.
The last near-IR stuff I had shot was Ilford SFX 200 on medium format so this should be fun.

Nov 26, 2011 at 01:26 PM
Zebrabot
• • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Post your latest gear find!

MD-4 motor drive for the F3. it was defective though and had to go back.

Nov 26, 2011 at 03:36 PM
Chris Court
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Post your latest gear find!

Bought a 200mm macro off eBay a while back and it came with a PN-11 attached. Figure the seller thought it was part of the lens

Chris

Nov 26, 2011 at 04:49 PM
David Baldwin
• • • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Post your latest gear find!

I've been looking for cheap radio triggers for my studio flash, and have been impressed by Blazzeo Hot Shoe flash Trigger+ Receivers. Cheaply built yes, but alot of bang for the buck, and such a low price that I can easily have two sets in my case all the time.

Nov 26, 2011 at 05:02 PM
capttcb
• •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Post your latest gear find!

A Benro C49f monopod

Nov 26, 2011 at 07:04 PM
1MoreFord

p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Post your latest gear find!

A Tamron 70-300VC. Been looking for either the Nikon or Tamron at the right price for my light D40 kit and finally found it.

Nov 26, 2011 at 08:10 PM
CGrindahl
• • • • • •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · Post your latest gear find!

http://www.photosynthesis.co.nz/nikon/ais40056.jpg

With the help of a friend who posts on the Manual Focus Nikon Glass thread I found a very clean copy of this lens for about the cost of a 50 f/1.4G. I asked for photos and they sent them. My friend visited the camera shop today and took a few photos with the lens, which he sent to me and I just examined. I sent them an email perhaps half an hour ago and if all goes well I'll have a 400 f/5.6 AI-s ED-IF in my kit next week. I know that shooting manual focus isn't for everyone, but I have to say, one can have a great deal of fun using these awesome old lenses that can be had for a pittance relative to what the latest and greatest costs. And they're actually made of metal...

Nov 26, 2011 at 09:59 PM
DGC1
• • • •
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · Post your latest gear find!

Nikon 14-24 2.8 in the box in mint condition for $1100.00. I'll never do this well again...

Nov 27, 2011 at 11:05 AM
CGrindahl
• • • • • •
p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · Post your latest gear find!

DGC1 wrote:
Nikon 14-24 2.8 in the box in mint condition for $1100.00. I'll never do this well again...

I agree though I'm ever mindul of Thom Hogan's line that this is the best lens ever made that spends most of its time in the camera bag... but I paraphrase. This is the actual quote, one of his 26 reviews in six words or less.

14-24mm AF-S: Most exceptional lens I hardly use

Nov 27, 2011 at 04:07 PM
DGC1
• • • •
p.1 #10 · p.1 #10 · Post your latest gear find!

The best for landscapes and HDR. Mine gets a good work out on a regular basis.

Nov 27, 2011 at 05:24 PM
CGrindahl
• • • • • •
p.1 #11 · p.1 #11 · Post your latest gear find!

DGC1 wrote:
The best for landscapes and HDR. Mine gets a good work out on a regular basis.

You're fortunate on every level, price, performance and usability. We can't do better than that!

Nov 27, 2011 at 05:53 PM
Elan II
• • •
p.1 #12 · p.1 #12 · Post your latest gear find!

I got a clean F5 for $100 even at an estate sale. At long last, it was my turn to get lucky.

Nov 27, 2011 at 09:59 PM

FM Forums | Nikon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.