Home · Register · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username  

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Photo Critique | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2011 · How do I replicate Photoshop actions on a different image?

rashley
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · How do I replicate Photoshop actions on a different image?

I need a matched set... I Photoshopped this image and like the results but I cannot replicate the process on another image. Is there a way to take a snapshot of the actions and plug them into a new image?

Nov 25, 2011 at 01:01 PM
sbeme
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · How do I replicate Photoshop actions on a different image?

Rita,
I love this!
I dont do enough PS to know the answer but I wonder if there is a way to copy from the History panel and then record.
I'll be waiting to see what the PS gurus say.
In the meantime, great shot and very creative, warm, beautiful processing with a wonderful style.
Scott

Nov 25, 2011 at 01:20 PM
rashley
• •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · How do I replicate Photoshop actions on a different image?

Thanks, Scott. I am sure there is a way to do it, but I am so Photoshop naive, I'd need a step by step to get 'er done. The car is a 1937 Mercedes-Benz 540K Special Roadster. I took the shot with horrible lighting at the Portland Oregon Museum exhibit, "The Allure of the Automobile."

Nov 25, 2011 at 02:06 PM
AuntiPode
• • • • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · How do I replicate Photoshop actions on a different image?

I uncertain whether I properly understand the question. I don't know a way to take a snapshot of actions. You can somewhere manually record what you did for the and then do it again while recording an action. Then you can apply that action as often as necessary. If there's another way, you may have more luck by asking on the post-processing forum.

Nov 25, 2011 at 02:33 PM
rashley
• •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · How do I replicate Photoshop actions on a different image?

Auntipode... The issue is I don't have the steps. I want to discover if they are embedded somewhere in the image so I can replicate the process, step by step. There is a history function but... Thanks for the advice on the other forum.

Nov 25, 2011 at 02:39 PM
oldrattler
• • • • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · How do I replicate Photoshop actions on a different image?

Try post processing forum.. They have helped me a bunch.. Do not feel lonesome in not being able to duplicate, we have all (I have) done it..

Nov 25, 2011 at 02:55 PM
Bob Jarman
• • • • • •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · How do I replicate Photoshop actions on a different image?

I thought the History Log might work but that is only file level data...afraid you're at square one unless someone knows where an xmp file of parameters might be stored?

Love the image tho!

Bob
Later ... Any processing done in ACR can be saved in a settings file to be retrieved and applied to other images. This at least permits a common baseline.

Nov 25, 2011 at 02:56 PM
cgardner
• • • • •
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · How do I replicate Photoshop actions on a different image?

Photoshop has an actions recorder as part of the Actions dialog window interface which allows you to record actions as you perform then then play them back with a single mouse click. I used them for creating adjustment layers for tonal adjustment, skin smoothing, conversion to sRGB, etc. But you would have needed to record while you were doing the edit for the first time.

There is also the History Log and Snapshots in the History window. Set-up under Preferences > General See: http://help.adobe.com/en_US/Photoshop/11.0/WSfd1234e1c4b69f30ea53e41001031ab64-7497a.html#WSfd1234e1c4b69f30ea53e41001031ab64-7492a

Nov 26, 2011 at 11:27 AM
AuntiPode
• • • • •
p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · How do I replicate Photoshop actions on a different image?

Unfortunately, all of which can be of little value after-the-fact. Hindsight is far less powerful than foresight.

Nov 26, 2011 at 04:33 PM
mrchile
• • • •
p.1 #10 · p.1 #10 · How do I replicate Photoshop actions on a different image?

Unless you saved the image with all of the layers on which you did each step of the process, I think the best you will be able to do is try to recreate what you did on another image and record that as an action.
I would do each step on a separate layer and do not flatten or merge any of the layers until after you stop recording the action.
With such extensive processing, you may find that some tweaking of the different layers may be necessary for different images.

Nov 30, 2011 at 11:47 AM

FM Forums | Photo Critique | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.