Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Forum & Miscellaneous | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2011 · FedEx Insured shipping

rankamateur
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · FedEx Insured shipping

A friend told me today he always pays for FedEx to pack and box gear he sells or sends for service. Reason-they insure it for stated value for no charge. Hum! Seems like a bargain to me if it is true. He just had them pack a D300S and 28-300mm to send to Nikon and it cost him 6.99 yet he said the insurance was almost 3 times that had he done the packing and paid for the insurance.

Nov 16, 2011 at 12:21 AM
trenchmonkey
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · FedEx Insured shipping

Only the 1st $100 of declared value is included in the quoted rate...IIRC

Nov 16, 2011 at 01:01 PM
tyrepeddler
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · FedEx Insured shipping

They are very reasonable in packing charges but they do charge for insurance over $100 I use them as the insurance is cheaper then USPS and UPS on expensive items. The insurance is only free for the first $100 as trenchmonkey said

Nov 20, 2011 at 09:16 PM
Canon 10D
• • • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · FedEx Insured shipping

rankamateur wrote:
A friend told me today he always pays for FedEx to pack and box gear he sells or sends for service. Reason-they insure it for stated value for no charge. Hum! Seems like a bargain to me if it is true. He just had them pack a D300S and 28-300mm to send to Nikon and it cost him 6.99 yet he said the insurance was almost 3 times that had he done the packing and paid for the insurance.

You sure about that? I would like to know the ship from and to zipcodes, weight, and actual insured value. $6.99 sounded too good to be true, but you never know

Nov 27, 2011 at 01:44 AM
Angry Dad

p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · FedEx Insured shipping

I just shipped a lens from Illinois to Tennessee Fed Ex insured and it came to about $30.

Nov 29, 2011 at 07:17 AM

FM Forums | Forum & Miscellaneous | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password