Home · Register · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username  

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Forum & Miscellaneous | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2011 · I'm in the wrong business.

lylejk
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · I'm in the wrong business.

This one will drive many here insane (almost did me {but I might actually already be}; lol). $4.3 million for a picture? Really? Says, this guy uses artistic techniques with some digital manipulations for his art. Again, I need an agent me thinks. lol

Thinking about changing my last name to Krolsky. That's gotta be it. What you all think? lol

http://www.wired.com/rawfile/2011/11/really-4-3-million-for-that-photo/

Nov 15, 2011 at 01:44 AM
RJKphoto
• • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · I'm in the wrong business.

Maybe it was supposed to read 4.3 million yen?

Nov 15, 2011 at 07:49 AM
saaketham
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · I'm in the wrong business.

Thats one of the most ordinary, dull-looking photo I've seen. Art is all about pretending and hyping things up and more pretending. I hope I never become so rich that I'll spend even $1 buying crappy photos like that.

Nov 15, 2011 at 08:01 AM
lylejk
• • • • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · I'm in the wrong business.

lol; I still think it's gotta be in the name. Lisle Krolsky (what the heck; lol. The name Lyle got it's origin in the German/French Alsace word for Island; Krol is Polish, and some believe that Kroll is too (but don't tell my Uncle, may he rest in peace; lol)). Lisle Krolsky; think I can get use to it; now where's my $5.3 Million (a million more for concocting and going by this rediculous name). lol

Nov 15, 2011 at 10:02 AM
EB-1
• • • • • • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · I'm in the wrong business.

For some reason there was a lengthy thread in the Canon forum about this. https://www.fredmiranda.com/forum/topic/1060005

EBH

Nov 16, 2011 at 07:29 AM
lylejk
• • • • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · I'm in the wrong business.

lol; thanks for that link EB. Maybe the guy used a Cannon. Also, there was a link to a higher rez of the image; still not worth $4.3 Million, but then again, who am I to question someone else's purchase. To the buyer, I do have some virtual swamp land available for sale if you are interested.

Nov 16, 2011 at 11:06 AM
saaketham
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · I'm in the wrong business.

lylejk wrote:
lol; thanks for that link EB. Maybe the guy used a Cannon. Also, there was a link to a higher rez of the image; still not worth $4.3 Million, but then again, who am I to question someone else's purchase. To the buyer, I do have some virtual swamp land available for sale if you are interested.

I have some property in Second Life to sell him too.

Nov 16, 2011 at 11:49 AM
borderlight
• • •
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · I'm in the wrong business.

This one will drive many here insane (almost did me {but I might actually already be}; lol). $4.3 million for a picture?

Actually I like it, and even more so when it is eventually reprinted world-wide to a poster size at a drastic markdown like $29. If you read Gorsky's bio you will see that he has paid his dues. This photograph is wall- sized. I don't think any of us can grasp the effect when it is taken out of context and reproduced on a computer screen. Museums and wealthy art connoisseurs don't pay that kind of money without knowing what they are doing. Overpaid Wall St. CEOs, multi-millionaire athletes, $25 million per movie actors, and even the talentless Snooki and Paris Hilton rake in the money. I can't see why an exceptional, living artist can't do the same.

Nov 16, 2011 at 07:19 PM
Marcus Watts
• • • •
p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · I'm in the wrong business.

"Museums and wealthy art connoisseurs don't pay that kind of money without knowing what they are doing." Are you serious? Plenty of rubbish in ,museums around the world.

That pic is a bad snap. Someone has been sucked in.

Nov 17, 2011 at 06:47 AM
borderlight
• • •
p.1 #10 · p.1 #10 · I'm in the wrong business.

That pic is a bad snap. Someone has been sucked in.

Actually, many people must have been "sucked in" as it was an auction attended by museum curators and those who probably have a bit more knowledge in the art department than you. ....... Yeah, bad snap. Brilliant review.

Nov 17, 2011 at 08:44 AM

FM Forums | Forum & Miscellaneous | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.